seats & interior valet

AUDI2012

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has got any recommendations on interior car valet-ing companies that have been used by yourselves and whereby you were 100% satisfied with the service received. Ideally in the London area of course.
My seats need a seeing to as they are stained so, might as well get the interior done fully.

Suggestions appreciated (if any)

Thank you in advance:)

Regards,

My old seats which I passed onto Timmus had oil stains. I had them valetted, it removed 90% of the stain but you could still just about see the outline of the stain. Presumably you don't want that companies details LOL.

90% hummmmmmm,:confused: I can say 100% that it will have to suffice..LOL Goodone!!!:D

Details would be appreciated...

Last edited:
My old seats which I passed onto Timmus had oil stains. I had them valetted, it removed 90% of the stain but you could still just about see the outline of the stain. Presumably you don't want that companies details LOL.

I got those stains 100% out, but it took a bit of elbow grease!

When I fitted the alcantara seats to my TDi, I called in a domestic carpet cleaning company. He used his machines and a carpet detergent to clean my seats - look almost new now. Apart from the driver seat of course which is more worn. I am going to use the same process on other project cars that I am busy on at the moment.

blue skies
tony

I used Autoglym products, hired a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attachment and applied elbow grease! Never yet found a car valeter who can clean a car interior to my standards, you may need a 'detailer' to get what you want.

Thank you guys for the response!!!
I think applying some elbow Grease is the way forward and maybe hiring a Carpet Cleaner as that way one can get it to their own required "standards" or the easy way is the valet but won't be the same with the good ol'Elbow Grease!!!lol

Thank you all once again,

Nice1:)

Surprised no one has mentioned a steam clean? Car interior fabrics don't react particularly well to being over-wet. A carpet cleaner works to a point as it removes most of the water, but steam clean is the best.

My approach (light dirt on dark blue cloth interior) is to use a capful of 1001 carpet and fabric conditioner in a bucket of medium hot water. Use a fibre cloth and work into fabric, but don't scrub. Any spot stains - spray the detergent straight on and work in circular motion until it foams, removing excess detergent with a bucket of clean warm water and different cloth.

Use a Polti steam cleaner (with micro-fibre cloth attached) and go over the same area but don't wet it. Best to do on a dry or windy day and leave windows open. When the fabric is bone dry, protect it with 3M Scotchgard. Job done.

Back