Shell V Power and EPC

iPodder

Hi guys,
I've just picked up my A2 and I'm mostly over the moon with my purchase; had to put petrol in today and followed some forum advice and filled up with V Power. As soon as I pulled out of the petrol station the EPC warning light illuminated, steady amber! Apart from visiting a garage has anyone got any advice for a new convert to this amazing little car.

A2 53 plate, 1.6 FSi, colour storm blue. 44,000 miles.

I had the light coming on using regular petrol, sometimes. But v-power fixes it everytime. I also have the diagnostic cable to clear the fault code and can see if it comes back. I suggest contacting someone or close by member with diagnostic tools. It'll most likely report a lambda probe related problem, clear the code and see if it comes back. Otherwise, common known issue with 1.6 seems to be the coil pack. Good luck!

Thanks humps,

Took the car to Basingstoke Audi this morning on the way back from dropping the alloys off for refurbishment; Audi technician plugged in the diagnostic tool and cleared a NOx fault. Unfortunately the fault returned immediately, he thought V Power after 44k of regular fuel may have confused the sensor, he was a top chap and would't accept payment; maybe all Audi dealerships are not created equal! He also advised that I could carry the fault until the next service in April, I might run the tank to empty and fill with regular petrol and see if the fault clears.

I too have only good things to say about Basingstoke Audi - both the service and parts department are excellent. I ordered a small part which cost pennies but when I got home I couldn't figure out how to fit it - they told me to bring the car back and they fitted it for me at no charge.

I remember once being charged £25 by Mercedes to fit the Mercedes star when my previous car was in for a service!

Out of interest iPodder where did you take your alloys for refurbishment?

Back