Shiny seat.

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Our A2 has the black cloth seats and I have noticed that the drivers seat is looking shiny..........is that spelt correct?.anyway, I was just wondering how the cloth could be made to look like new? well almost new if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance .

Id recomend using a henry or vax and give them a good deep clean, you can hire them most places now days even tescos has them, you just need the upolstery attachment to do your A2 ...i will say if you do your carpets aswell take them out to do them, it only takes about half hour to remove the seats and get the carpets out, reason being the carpets have foam / sponge backing that is an inch or so thick in places and will suck the water up under the carpets and take for ever to dry or even get into the electrics.. a few hours graft and they will look like new.

Ive done both of my A2s well my mate did them for me, favour returned like and they come up really well ..

Thanks for the heads up re the Henry or Vax. I will prob wait for the summer months, (if we get one) and do a deep clean.

I know it sounds a bit "over-the -top", but the most remarkable cleaning I have done on car-seats is to use a pressure-washer! The dirt and gubbins just flowed out! You could see the black in the water! The seats dried surprisingly quickly (it was Summer) and the seats positively glowed with a newness I couldn't believe! I hasten to add that it wasn't an A2, but that shouldn't make a difference. With a lot of pressure-washers, detergent can be added, but I just used water.

David

David, did you remove seats from the car before pressure washing?

Andrew

You are joking, aren't you? ( You should have put "Ha-Ha", after it!) I suppose that if the carpets were very dirty, too, and I was near a car-wash, then who knows?

David

I know it sounds a bit "over-the -top", but the most remarkable cleaning I have done on car-seats is to use a pressure-washer! The dirt and gubbins just flowed out! You could see the black in the water! The seats dried surprisingly quickly (it was Summer) and the seats positively glowed with a newness I couldn't believe! I hasten to add that it wasn't an A2, but that shouldn't make a difference. With a lot of pressure-washers, detergent can be added, but I just used water.

David

Did you have a nice incar paddling pool there David.

My carpets under the floor mats dint look that dirty but beleave me the amount of dirty water the vax sucked up was unbelievable, we even resorted to hanging them up and blasting then with the garden hose until the water ran clear then back on them with the vax for another go to get most of the water back out.

Last edited:
Hilarious thread...Thanks guys!!

On a slightly more serious note....Buy some AutoBrite FAB Upholstery cleaner
Then dry with towels and a hair drier...You will not believe how good they will come up!!

Back