Silverstone Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jeff i looked at it when you posted it the other day--i fear its to expensive. But I'm sure you will have a great day. cheers mike

It is not too expensive for what you get. The club ticket prices are less than the public general entry tickets but you can't buy them without registering the club but if you don't want to go to this excellent event then that is up to you.

I don't seem to be able to find any prices? Is it because I am browsing via my phone?

i am certainly interested in details. I may bring my wife's A2.

Steve B

The ticket prices are: Adult 3 day ticket £99, Child 3 days £12.

Adult 2 day ticket Fri & Sat £80, Sat & Sun £92.

Adult 1 day ticket Fri £35, Sat £60, Sun £50

They are very expensive,

You mentioned that clubs get a discount, what is the bottom line and would a club have to attend all three days?? (I suspect that MIGHT be a condition).

What is it that pushes up the price so much?

Before people will start signing up for this we would need to know the bottom line cost, as I say, if that is reasonable count me in.

But a general club event has to be low cost to get the numbers we need.

Steve B

These are the general public ticket prices NOT club members prices, they are much cheaper.

If a club gets ten or more cars on their stand then the organiser of that stand gets two free tickets, not expensive now is it. A club has to register to get the cheaper tickets, now if no one is going to do this i will.

You ask about what pushes the prices up, well Silverstone circuit isn't exactly cheap to hire. Have a look at the Silverstone Classic trailer on you tube.

No you don't have to attend all three days.

Why does it have to be low cost to get the numbers, are you trying to say A2 owners are tight, lol?

Last edited:
Why does it have to be low cost to get the numbers, are you trying to say A2 owners are tight, lol?

The only price I have seen is the £50 to attend Sunday ONLY, you say that if we register we hget cheaper tickets, but how come we don't know what the price will be? If you are saying that we have to register to find out what the price of oiur tickets will be then fine, lets register, if we can do that without any commitment, but I would guess that the tickets will be double what we normally pay for an event, I hope I am wrong!

Steve B

The only price I have seen is the £50 to attend Sunday ONLY, you say that if we register we hget cheaper tickets, but how come we don't know what the price will be? If you are saying that we have to register to find out what the price of oiur tickets will be then fine, lets register, if we can do that without any commitment, but I would guess that the tickets will be double what we normally pay for an event, I hope I am wrong!

Steve B

I went through the registration process so i could see the ticket prices but i didn't finish the registration as you don't have to. I only did that so i could see the cheaper ticket prices.

I went through the registration process so i could see the ticket prices but i didn't finish the registration as you don't have to. I only did that so i could see the cheaper ticket prices.

Hi Jeff,

Forgive me I must be becoming senile in my old age.

You quoted (for example)
"1 Adult Ticket for the Sunday is £50"
and you say that "These are general public prices not members club prices, they are much cheaper"
but you don't seem to have quoted the "members club prices" (or is it me?) and now you are saying that you part registered the club so that you could see the members club prices, yet I can't see where you have quoted this price.

The basics of any event like this is tell people
How much the tickets will costs them
What do they get for that (i.e. what can the do and see when they are there)
What are the options for coming and going. (It looks like you cannot leave before 5pm and some people (me included) like to get away early.

There is a lot more to organising an event than you might think.

As I have said though I would be interested in attending but please let me know whatr the details are.

Steve B

Hi Jeff,

You quoted (for example)
and you say that "These are general public prices not members club prices, they are much cheaper"
but you don't seem to have quoted the "members club prices" (or is it me?) and now you are saying that you part registered the club so that you could see the members club prices, yet I can't see where you have quoted this price.

What are the options for coming and going. (It looks like you cannot leave before 5pm and some people (me included) like to get away early.

As I have said though I would be interested in attending but please let me know whatr the details are.

Steve B

Hi Steve

I haven't part registered, so they don't have the A2OC details. You can do exactly the same as what i did to find out the ticket prices.

When/If the club registers for the event then you get given a code to enter which brings up the ticket prices for the club members. No full registration NO code. And if people want to know what they can see and do when they are there they can always do what i did when i wanted to go for the first time, google Silverstone Classic, check out you tube or just check out the website, www.silverstoneclassic.com

Hi Steve

I haven't part registered, so they don't have the A2OC details. You can do exactly the same as what i did to find out the ticket prices.

When/If the club registers for the event then you get given a code to enter which brings up the ticket prices for the club members. No full registration NO code. And if people want to know what they can see and do when they are there they can always do what i did when i wanted to go for the first time, google Silverstone Classic, check out you tube or just check out the website, www.silverstoneclassic.com

Hi Jeff,

So let me get this right, YOU know the Club Member prices because you found out, but for us to know them you are suggesting that we try and register? and yet you already know the answer?

Couldn't you just tell us? I thought you WANTED us to attend the event? But you won't tell us the ticket price?

I am stopping now because I am totally confused.

Am I the only one?

Steve B

Jeff,

Very interested in attending as its not too far. It would be my first meet with Forum members and know it would be worth the price for the knowledge gained, but what is the reduced price.

Hopefully see some of you there!

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Ok for the benefit of Mr Birchall the reduced entry for club members are:

Early Bird Car Club Display Packages
Until 31st March 2017

Fri-£43
Sat-£71
Sun-£60

2-Day Fri/Sat-£82
2-Day Sat/Sun-£94
3-Day Weekend-£99

Advance Car Club Display Packages
1st April-31st May

Fri-£50
Sat-£76
Sun-£65

2 Day Fri/Sat-£92
2 Day Sat/Sun-£104
3 Day Weekend -£118

These prices are for TWO general admission tickets and one infield vehicle display pass.

Ok for the benefit of Mr Birchall the reduced entry for club members are:

Early Bird Car Club Display Packages
Until 31st March 2017

Fri-£43
Sat-£71
Sun-£60

2-Day Fri/Sat-£82
2-Day Sat/Sun-£94
3-Day Weekend-£99

Advance Car Club Display Packages
1st April-31st May

Fri-£50
Sat-£76
Sun-£65

2 Day Fri/Sat-£92
2 Day Sat/Sun-£104
3 Day Weekend -£118

These prices are for TWO general admission tickets and one infield vehicle display pass.
?
How is this just for MY benefit?

I am trying to help, and ANYONE who is slightly interested in this needs to know how much the tickets are.

If you want to suggest a new event like this then people will need to know the details. The Silverstone web site didn't impress me that much when it came to finding ticket prices and so I was trying to help clarify this for others too.

Steve B

?
How is this just for MY benefit?

I am trying to help, and ANYONE who is slightly interested in this needs to know how much the tickets are.

If you want to suggest a new event like this then people will need to know the details. The Silverstone web site didn't impress me that much when it came to finding ticket prices and so I was trying to help clarify this for others too.

Steve B

As you originally wanted to know prices, that's all.

Can't understand what you mean about Silverstone Classic's website it really is easy to find what you are looking for.

Hi Jeff,

You quoted (for example)

That's ok because i'm not trying to organising an event just a club stand, lol.

This has to be the most confusing thread I've read.

I've tried to put it together side by side as a comparison

Original price. Club price
3 day £99. £99
2 day fri/sat £80. £82
2 day sat/sun £92. £94
1 day fri £35. £43
1 day sat £60. £71
1 day sun £50. £60

So on the face of it, the club prices look more expensive, but for how I've read the post, the club prices are for 2 people, whereas the public prices are for 1 person?

This has to be the most confusing thread I've read.

I've tried to put it together side by side as a comparison

Original price. Club price
3 day £99. £99
2 day fri/sat £80. £82
2 day sat/sun £92. £94
1 day fri £35. £43
1 day sat £60. £71
1 day sun £50. £60

So on the face of it, the club prices look more expensive, but for how I've read the post, the club prices are for 2 people, whereas the public prices are for 1 person?

Yes Birchall started to make it confusing, lol.

Original prices = 3 day is for ONE ticket at £99.

Club prices = 3 day ticket is for TWO tickets AND a infield parking display pass at £99.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back