Site downtime

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hi,

Apologies for the unplanned A2OC site downtime last night. We suffered a quirk in the mail server where some particularly large spam caused the machine to run out of memory - bringing the mail server & the database down in the process.

Ben

ben said:
Hi,

Apologies for the unplanned A2OC site downtime last night. We suffered a quirk in the mail server where some particularly large spam caused the machine to run out of memory - bringing the mail server & the database down in the process.

Ben
Thanks for the info Ben - spam has recently become the bane of my life, since PlusNets webmail servers were compromised and mail addresses taken!

Cheers,

Mike

For a second i thoughed it was me who brought the site down, as it just happend after posting a large new message :D :D

I am pleased its backup and running though,

Time to make some extra donations to keep this site up :) :)

Skipton01 said:
Thanks for the info Ben - spam has recently become the bane of my life, since PlusNets webmail servers were compromised and mail addresses taken!

Don't we know it. I'm gonna have to talk to Somerset Alan sometime - he works for a company that sorts out spam. The mail server logs on our server are constantly churning over with duff e-mails - and that's with RBL & Greylisting services enabled. It'd be nice to delegate the handling of this to someone else.

Ben

PS Havank - if it was at 10:30 pm last night UK time, then it might well have been you!

Back