Social trip to Europe - Le Mans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Stuart has the following to say in the newsletter:

A2OC Social:

- Yes, the time has come to start planning another club social for the summer of this year. There is a lot of demand for a club social north of London but I am also aware that there is demand for one in Europe, possibly northern France or northern Belgium. I am looking volunteers to help me organise this but also if you have preferences with regards to the location or any other ideas, please let me know.

Last year we went to France for a week on a driving holiday in the A2. Only once we arrived in Le Mans Motor Museum did we realise it was the actual event the very next weekend!!! So we missed the event itself BUT as we were driving up to the ferry in Dieppe we saw hundreds of cars driving down to the event. The most striking thing was that you could see it was clubs driving down - 10 MGs, then 4 Porsches, a group of E-types, motorbikes, a group of MGTFs, a group of Jaguars... just brilliant. (We also saw a British registered RAC van fixing an E-type on the side of the road! - the boys in Orange are there to help as well). As Audi majors in the Le Mans I instantly thought that this year I would love to go to Le Mans either with an Audi general club or even better as a group of A2s! And now I found this A2 owner's website and viola... we may just go to Le Mans in a group of A2s... I have never been so have no idea on costs or places to stay etc etc... and remember about 80000 people go there if memeory serves every year... What do you guys think? And maybe get Audi UK to get us some seats in their tent and parking? ;)

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

Great idea Johann,

I previously mentioned this to Stuart while at the Social. Unfortunately I have no free time and more importantly spare cash to make it this year, however am planning to go in 2004.

Kaine

----------------------------------------------------------
In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk7.htm

Johann - it's a good idea. What sort of costs would be involved if travelling from the UK?

Another possibility: I have been looking into maybe getting an A2OC group together and going to: http://www.audi-foren.de/

My only real query is that I'm not sure where the A2 is actually made so to some people, it may be a waste of time going there.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

I think that Audi Forum Ingolstadt is the mecca for every Audi driver, whether the car is constructed there or not.

I would like to go !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Yip Audi Forum on my list too... I won't mind going to VW's Autostadt either as this covers ALL the VW empire: form SEAT to Lamborghini... But would like to see the A8 and A2 factory... that would be a must as well (before they stop making the A2!)

As to costs: we paid about £100 last time for the ferry return from Portsmouth (4 hours to France and 6 coming back if memory serves) BUT this was the weekend BEFORE Le Mans... how much it will be on that weekend is anyones guess right now...

Go to http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html to check French hotel prices... Formule 1 the cheapest with comunual bathrooms, Etap next with own bath but limited breakfast/dining, Ibis first with real restaurant and then Novotel higher and better... etc etc...

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

I picked up my A2 at Audi Forum Ingolstadt, the A4m the TT and the A3 are made there, as far as I know. If some of you want to go there, I can make arrangements, Ingolstadt is about 45 mins drive from where I live. But I think the A2 is made in Neckarsulm, I can check what´s there to see also....

The Audi museum in Ingolstadt was great!

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)
<http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe9.htm>

Just an idea for a future event. What about a group of A2'S driving accross Europe, taking in a few country's over a period of a couple of days. :)

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Frido is correct the A2 is built at Neckarsulm - they have a special aluminium centre there for the A2 and A8. - capacity to build 60,000 A2s per year with just 1500 staff but inspite of huge investment with the current state of the economy in Germany much worse than UK, things are not too hopeful there......

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Come to think of it a convoy of 20 plus A2's visiting the production plant would probably make the management take notice - both postive support for the car and to discuss the design/reliability issues we aren't so keen on with local engineers!

Well, you can but live in hope! :D

'Hope is to hear the music of the future; faith is to dance to it today.’ (Nelson Fry) ;)

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Hi Lukas !!!!
I think thats its a good idea to have a meet up at the A2 factrory...we could include a tour etc etc. Maybe Audi would even back us up , financial wise, as its also a good advertising ploy for them.
By the way about your comment about the German econonmy...what economy??? With almost 5 million unemployed...there is no economy here.
Hi Stuart,
I'll try and get another Audi flag and send it over to you....maybe it'll even get there.
I couldn't read your newsletter from the club...can you perhaps send it to me again.

Michelle&Thomas
from Ireland & Germany
1.6 FSI

Thomas - I'm really sorry about the other one! If you do send me another one, let me know and I'll give you a different address to send it to.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

Hi Stuart,

I'll send you the package next week; I won't be able to manage it this
week as its my birthday on Friday, wedding anniversary on Sunday and St
Patricks day on Monday........which means a rather drunken weekend all
round!!!

PLease send me the newsletter and the new address to my mail account.

Michelle&Thomas
from Ireland & Germany
1.6 FSI
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe16.htm

I'll be passing through Ingolstadt on my way to Austria this night since we're going skiing.
Too bad I'll be passing by with 140km/h...

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back