Sports seats with lumbar support

ijedgar

A2OC Donor
There is a set of black cloth seats on EBay with the electric lumbar support.
If I fit these in place of the original seats to my A2 will the electric lumbar support work?
Is it a simple plug in to a lead that is already fitted or is it more complicated than that?

Unless the car left the factory with lumbar support, there is no provision for this option. The only plug-n-play retrofit is heated mirrors; all other options require an additional wiring loom to be installed. Sport seats can be fitted to any A2, but, without an additional wiring loom, the lumbar adjustment will remain in the position it was in when the seats were removed from the donor vehicle.
I've made and fitted countless lumbar support looms for club members and will happily make another for your A2.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Hi ijedgar,
The seats in question are the ones i am selling.

If you require any further info or pictures feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for that Guys. Shame it is not a simple swap over...

Well, in a physical sense, it is a simple swap-over. There's nothing to stop you buying a set of Sport seats and bolting them into your car. But the added lumbar support feature can't be used until the extra wiring is in place. Whether that's a problem or not depends on the position in which the lumbar support has been left and whether you find that comfortable or not. I find the Sport seats most comfortable with the lumbar adjustment set close to maximum, but I know others find this very uncomfortable.

I am going to be in Kingston-upon-Thames for the next few weeks. I have a lumbar support loom ready and will gladly fit it for you if you're willing to make the short journey. Your car would then be prep'ed for Sport seats, making their installation truly plug-n-play.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for the offer Tom.
Please could you let me know the cost of the loom and fitting.
The lumbar support being in an uncomfortable position was a concern.
To be honest I do not need the lumbar support and find the original seats very comfortable even on long journeys of 3 to 4 hours.
I only wish to swap as my seats are a pale colour and I prefer the black.
I was hoping for some leather sports seats to come up but they do seem to be very expensive when they surface.
What sort of money do you think I would get for my seats?
Excellent condition,only 50k and in the light grey Cirrus.

Cloth seats range from £100 to £330 for a full set so the price is difficult to judge. Tom will advise accordingly and may even have some that will suit your needs on an exchange basis.
Ta
Dave
:)

Thanks for the offer Tom.
Please could you let me know the cost of the loom and fitting.

I don't like to talk prices on the forum, so shall send you a PM. :)

I only wish to swap as my seats are a pale colour and I prefer the black. I was hoping for some leather sports seats to come up but they do seem to be very expensive when they surface. What sort of money do you think I would get for my seats? Excellent condition, only 50k and in the light grey Cirrus.

Sport leather is the most desirable type of seats for the A2 and a vast majority of people would choose to have them if freely available. However, the supply is seriously limited, so they command strong money.
Unfortunately, Platinum Cirrus SE seats are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. They are probably the least desirable seats of all; no lumbar support, no supportive bolsters and covered in fabric that gets stained and dirty the moment you merely look at them. Nobody would actively choose to change to a set of these. The only reason I can think of that someone might buy them is to replace a damaged identical set. Unfortunately, there's next to no monetary value in them. :(

Cheers,

Tom

I may have a set of four seater black leather sport seats with electric lumbar support available soon, depending on some swapping and changing of A2's and seats that i have in mind.

"Unfortunately, there's next to no monetary value in them."
That`s a pain but thanks for the honest if brutal answer.
Look forward to the PM.

They sound interesting Paul.
Please keep me in mind.

I have a spare pair of black rear seats - for spilt rear. Minimal wear.

I know that's only half the story, but you are welcome to have them. Not sure what colour your car is, but I have black/red colour storm SE seats as well. I'm sure I'll never use them, so again, happy to let them go if they are any use to you (or anyone else for that matter).

Alan

I have decided to go for a set of leather/alcantara sport seats that Timmus is coming to fit for me tomorrow along with a change of steering wheel,handbrake and gear lever from plastic to leather.
All very exciting and looking forward to it.

Sounds great, be sure to post some pics please!!

Well Timmus has just finished fitting the Leather/Alcantara seats to my A2 along with a leather sports steering wheel,leather gear knob,leather handbrake and wiring loom for the lumbar support to the seats.
Total professionalism,a splendid job and a great guy to deal with and the change to the car is spectacular lifting it into a real luxury small car.
I will now attempt to upload some pics but last time I tried it was a dismal failure so here`s hoping.

Last edited:
Well Timmus has just finished fitting the Leather/Alcantara seats to my A2 along with a leather sports steering wheel,leather gear knob,leather handbrake and wiring loom for the lumbar support to the seats.
Total professionalism,a splendid job and a great guy to deal with and the change to the car is spectacular lifting it into a real luxury small car.
I will now attempt to upload some pics but last time I tried it was a dismal failure so here`s hoping.

Sounds good, photos are a must please. Try uploading them to a hosting site first like photobucket or tinypic and then copy the image link into your post. Its a lot easier than trying to upload pics using vbulletin.

I have tried that and all I get is "error invalid file".
Very frustrating.

AAAh got it now.
Photobucket copy image back to original post edit and paste.

Last edited:
Back