Squib ring

ian_2702

Hi all, I removed the steering wheel to change the indicator stalk on my a2 as it was broken. When I was doing this the squib ring assembly fell apart. I managed to wind it back up again, but once back together the steering doesn’t feel right and the following error code comes up on the dash
20877A3B-E4D7-4168-B23C-6A3CF68934A4.jpeg

this is what it looked like:
7BB17373-9248-452C-9CB7-C304A5D91AE7.png

Also, the central locking buttons on the key do not work anymore after this. Does anyone know what’s happened??

Hi all, I removed the steering wheel to change the indicator stalk on my a2 as it was broken. When I was doing this the squib ring assembly fell apart. I managed to wind it back up again, but once back together the steering doesn’t feel right and the following error code comes up on the dash
View attachment 73834
View attachment 73835
Also, the central locking buttons on the key do not work anymore after this. Does anyone know what’s happened??
Battery disconnected for other work will have caused the remote issue easy fix
+
Reckon new squib will be required and diagnostic tool to pair up / reset

View attachment 73834
View attachment 73835
Mine did this about four years ago, thankfully I had a spare, but there was lots of swearing and Victor Meldrew impressions being done....

Back