Standard leather or not?

ICowie

A2OC Donor
Scotland
I recently bought a late 05 Tdi Sport in Cobalt blue, the interior is a really dark blue almost black leather but the cargo nets on the back and the side trims are a twirl colour, My question is, was that a factory option, has a previous owner has done this themselves or because it's a late 05 were Audi just using up what parts they had left as production was slowing down? As I haven't seen or maybe just never noticed any others like this before and google image search is coming up a blank.
Don't get me wrong I think it really suits the car and if it is a previous owners mod it's been done really well as it all looks factory.

It's more out of curiosity than anything else but I'm sure someone on here will have the answer :)I haven't got any decent pics but I'll get some up shortly

Thanks
42356066_10157789675565744_3055347869318905856_n.jpg
42324508_10157789675800744_8007477403926396928_n.jpg

It's a re-trim. A decent one by the looks of it though.

Thanks Steve I'm sure you've broke enough of them in your time to know for sure. Although I'm surprised as it only has 3 previous owners and I know the last 2 were middle aged women although not sure about the first. Like you said it's been done really well and really sets the car off.

Thanks again,
Iain

A friend bought a brand new Mazda and immediately had a leather retrim. It could happen ...

Likewise, a friend had his Honda CRX retrimmed from new, and frankly the re-trim looked much nicer than the original Leather style, used arguably better leather and cost him less than having it done as an option.

@Darren C This was the two tone leather I was telling you about at the weekend that I had in my cobalt, it's not the greatest pics but you get the idea. It gave the car a more classy feel when you opened the doors.

If you find the spec label in the boot, the one with loads of 3 letter/number codes on it, that'll tell you what originally came with the car, upholstery wise. For info on the codes, see here:

Thanks pal this was an old thread I was just tagging Darren in it as I was telling him about the interior at the weekend there. I'd already checked and knew the car left the showroom with a cloth interior it was more to find out if the two tone interior was oem or not but it's been confirmed it had been a retro fit thanks for the input tho ?

Super useful for me @ICowie as I’ve got a can of Soul Black Volico on order to do exactly that in reverse with my Twist leathers in Tonka to finish off the two tone black n twist look I’m going for.

That interior was actually cobalt blue and twist leather it's looked black till the sun hit it, it also had the twist nets in the front seats but unfortunately that's all the pics I have ?

Back