Steering wheels.

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Fairly simple question: are normal SE and sports steering wheels interchangeable?
Thanks.

Yes. Although you can reroute the airbag wiring loom I prefer to use the one for the sport wheel.

Thanks, I have a sport wheel on ATM and am going to get it Re trimmed. I have a spare SE wheel in the store so will change them over.

If you change the whole wheel and airbag with wiring then its bolt off bolt on with no chnages needed.

Unfortunately not all sellers supply the loom. In my opinion that is bad practice and the wheel should be complete and ready to go.

Simon perhaps get an SE wheel airbag loom unless you have one already on your spare SE wheel.

Unfortunately not all sellers supply the loom. In my opinion that is bad practice and the wheel should be complete and ready to go.

Simon perhaps get an SE wheel airbag loom unless you have one already on your spare SE wheel.
Fortunately it is complete so will change it over and see if it works!
Thanks for the inputs!

Not literally I hope. Usual precautions with the air bag ( disconnect the battery and dissipate residual voltage ) and fit the 4 spoke wheel in the same position the 3 spoke one was. That way far less chance of the steering angle sensor getting confused.

I fitted TT wheel, love it!

Tbh i found alighning the splines a touch vague and had to have another try as first time was a spline out which really upset my mojo!

29FA1D81-53CD-4E08-9F57-54415FA83CE8.jpeg

Back