Stepping back from A2s (but not totally)

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

I have basically emptied out my loft and garage of all of the A2 parts I have been hoarding for the last few years.
I have sold all of the votex covers I have made (See A2STeve if you need any), I have sold my 3D printer, I am selling the mould to make Votex style rear spoilers.
I have sold my A2 (or two) so I will be stepping back from this amazing club. I will miss everyone LOTS !!!!
Age is playing a big part in this, I can no longer do my own work and I can't afford to pay garage bills, so I am not getting the pleasure from my hobby that I used to get.
I will not disappear altogether, it is impossible to turn my back on A2s and the many friends I have made over the years), so I will still come to the occasional social.

I have just bought a 90BHP, but it is a Smart fortwo (I do like odd cars). I have a one mile drive to the station each day and I have to find parking on the street near the station, so the Smart Car makes sense? (I keep telling myself)

So it is with a heavy heart that I will slip into the background (but not fade away)

Thanks for all of the fun I have had.
My wife still has her A2, Plus our Daughter, my son and my grandson, so I will be able to have a "fix" every now and then.

Best wishes to you all, I will see you at some stage I am sure.

Steve B

Steve ,your knowledge and helpful advice has been appreciated by all. Enjoy your "retirement" and thank you from all members past present and future as your posts will still be a great resource in fault finding and repairs.

You've been here before, Steve?. Some bother with Tony of A2Cars? Well, you didn't leave then and I'm sure that you couldn't "leave" now? This club would be like having no heart without you ...... and we all need one of those!

Daqvid

I guess you know better than most when you step away from the A2 Steve.

Your insight and nature will be missed and there will be a hole on A2OC that wont be filled - so please dont go away completely. You and the other few mainstays of A2OC are the reason I and the likes of Alex are here now. We were made to feel welcome and you were a major part of that!

Good luck with wherever you heart goes next and remember to pop in when the A2 bug hits once more :p

Sorry to read Steve. You have been both a stalwart and an ambassador for the A2 and the club over the years. Your regular input will be missed, but good to know that you will still be around from time to time and will make a social or two.

All the best in your future endeavours, both in life and in transportation choices.

Take care,

Darren, Di, Kayleigh and Kieran

Sad day Steve thanks for all the great advise over the last few months.. hope to see you at a social soon ??

Very sad news Steve, I didn't expect that having said that you have been very quiet of late. I guess you know yourself better than anyone mate so all the best and do pop in from time to time. Thanks for the help you've given me Steve, all the best Mark.

It's a shame I haven't managed to meet you in the few months since I got my A2. Hope everything goes well in 'normal' life and I still look forward to meeting you on the Scotland trip next year.

Good to hear from you Steve, take a break from it all for a while. It can be exhausting sometimes. Time to recharge your batteries. Always a pleasure to meet up with you at socials etc.

Sorry to see you stepping away Steve, Thanks for all the content you have contributed to the club and especially the Steve B' prices on things!

I hope to see you back in the future or at a social along the way :)

Yep, also sorry to hear you are stepping back but good to know that you can still get your A2 "fix" and you will still be on the forum occasionally.

Steve you've a huge amount of A2 knowledge and always so willing to share and help. Take it easy for a while and re-charge. I'm sure you will get the A2 bug again!

All the best
Alan

Sorry to hear that Steve, you have been a rock for the club over the years.
I wish you the best for the future, but please keep in touch you have so many friends within the club..

Sorry to hear that Steve. Your knowledge and passion about A2's is amazing and you are very well respected in this forum and beyond. Please do keep in touch....

Steve, I have not owned an A2 since 2016, yet still I stay in these shires of lovely people. You still have A2's in your family. So don't see this as stepping back from the forum, your advice and wit (!) is as valuable as ever. This is a great forum and owning an A2 right here, right now helps, but your knowledge and advice goes way beyond that.

Hi Steve,
As others have already stated, so sorry to see you not being as active on A2OC as you were, please don't be a stranger, I'm sure you will soon tire of the Smart (quirky yes, an A2 no) and will will see you back in a few months - until then enjoy

Cheers, Paul

Hi,

These comments are really kind and I appreciate them all, thank you all very sincerely.
As I have said I am stepping back, not stepping down. I just need a change at the moment and I will simply be posting less.

As has been said I have made many friends on here, so I won't disappear.

The responses above are ensuring that I won't disappear!!!

Thank you all !

Steve B

Back