Strange hazard light operation

Hi, can anyone explain the strange problem I'm having with my hazard lights,
If I indicate left, everything is well,
If I indicate right, the indicators function normally, but interior dash hazard light flashes with the indicators,
And when I press the hazard lights button, nothing happens, I have no hazard lights it seems, any ideas?
Thanks

Hi, can anyone explain the strange problem I'm having with my hazard lights,
If I indicate left, everything is well,
If I indicate right, the indicators function normally, but interior dash hazard light flashes with the indicators,
And when I press the hazard lights button, nothing happens, I have no hazard lights it seems, any ideas?
Thanks
Sounds very much like you need a replacement flasher unit ... although there are separate relays for the indictors and hazards on the same circuit board they look to share some common pathways ... I'd bet the tracks are starting to deteriorate or maybe a dry joint.

Sounds very much like you need a replacement flasher unit ... although there are separate relays for the indictors and hazards on the same circuit board they look to share some common pathways ... I'd bet the tracks are starting to deteriorate or maybe a dry joint.
Thank youπŸ˜€

Evening Gary,

Before you go removing head units and climate panels to swap relays please check the fuses are all ok. The indicators and hazards are powered by separate fuses:

E3BD55FD-D03A-47AA-B347-75E4E6DCEBE4.jpeg

My guess is that either fuse 7 (15a) or fuse 34 (10a) have blown as what you explain is classic symptoms. Plus it’s very quick and cheap to check and replace opposed to replacing something may not be at fault.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening Gary,

Before you go removing head units and climate panels to swap relays please check the fuses are all on. The indicators and hazards are lowered by separate fuses:

View attachment 98711

My guess is that either fuse 7 (15a) or fuse 34 (10a) have blown as what you explain is classic symptoms. Plus is very quick and cheap to check opposed to replacing something may not be at fault.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thanks Tom, that's worked for Frankie, stand down for me @ICowie πŸ˜€

Thanks Tom, that's worked for Frankie, stand down for me @ICowie πŸ˜€
Hello Mandy,

Glad this helped out and hopefully it solves Gary’s issue also. Sometimes it’s the very basic of check that can avoid unnecessary purchases.

Kind regards,

Tom

Reactions: RZX
Evening Gary,

Before you go removing head units and climate panels to swap relays please check the fuses are all ok. The indicators and hazards are powered by separate fuses:

View attachment 98711

My guess is that either fuse 7 (15a) or fuse 34 (10a) have blown as what you explain is classic symptoms. Plus it’s very quick and cheap to check and replace opposed to replacing something may not be at fault.

Kind regards,

Tom
Cheers Tom, I will go and check

Great outcome Gary,

Glad this approach has cured 2 faults in as many hours.

The lesson here is to always start with the very basics from checking fuses to connectors etcetera. You’ll be amazed at how many issues have been raised that turned out to be low fluid levels or blown fuses.

See you Saturday. Any chance of some more orange essential oil for the air freshener.

Kind regards,

Tom

Great outcome Gary,

Glad this approach has cured 2 faults in as many hours.

The lesson here is to always start with the very basics from checking fuses to connectors etcetera. You’ll be amazed at how many issues have been raised that turned out to be low fluid levels or blown fuses.

See you Saturday. Any chance of some more orange essential oil for the air freshener.

Kind regards,

Yes Tom, I won't forget that one in a hurry, another symptom was the hazards not flashing on key lock Ive just found out,

Yes no problem at all for the oil,
Many thanks,
See you Saturday πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»

Back