Chat Switching to petrol

Edwrai

I have recent changes the o2 sensor on my spare car a 1.4 petrol, I have been driving it the last few days and I’m not missing my 90 in fact I’m enjoying the smoothness the heating! And the light handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I may run it for the winter and give my diesel a rest until it heats up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we've got both a petrol and diesel in the family. The petrol is SO much more refined ..... quieter and smoother, BUT an even more noticable improvement? Well, that would be the gear change! However, my (6-speed) diesel did return 67 mpg on a run, recently ..... THAT'S its major plus-point, for sure!

David

Diesels have have become much more refined over the years first diesel car car I ever drove was a 93 Cavalier it was awful fortunately it was a test drive with a view to buying it! I have a Ford Transit Connect van for work basically a Fiesta it is superb quiet powerful enough and the computer says 57 mpg pretty good for stop start town driving!

"I have been driving it the last few days and I’m not missing my 90 in fact I’m enjoying the smoothness the heating! And the light handling."

Ah all that extra waste heat from the petrol! As for light handling - try a 1,2 tdi or smaller tyres - Regular gear swapping in 1.4 is quite fun though! Enjoy both!

"I have been driving it the last few days and I’m not missing my 90 in fact I’m enjoying the smoothness the heating! And the light handling."

Ah all that extra waste heat from the petrol! As for light handling - try a 1,2 tdi or smaller tyres - Regular gear swapping in 1.4 is quite fun though! Enjoy both!
I have 15” on my diesel, to be honest once you sort the common issues on a 1.4i they are great little cars, certainly better handling and will pull away in 2nd better than my diesel.

Back