Tailored Mats

ROO3

Been looking for a full set of mats for the A2. How much are genuine sets? Velour or Rubber. Or are there similar quality ones on the market which fit perfectly?

Only fronts available from Audi now.
I picked up a full factory used but in great condition from a member on here for £20 last week. They come up now and again.

Only fronts available from Audi now.
I picked up a full factory used but in great condition from a member on here for £20 last week. They come up now and again.
Just about to purchase an aftermarket set from eBay in black, as my grey are looking a little dated, although pretty good nick....I'll advertise and check tomorrow if they are genuine Audi, had the car a year and never looked....

I brought a set , from Tom , at Audi Crewe , in total was around 50.00 including packing , unable to provide full price as it was part of a package of parts for " Basil "

if interested I can dig out the part numbers

Tom posts in for sale section , cant find his user name link … maybe other can show the way here

I wonder if they are the same as the sets you can special order through Halfords
They're not the same, although they may be sourced from the same manufacturer. The RAC site offers a broader range of quality, and clearer pricing. My original Audi mats - I have both velour and rubber sets - remain in excellent condition, but I'm hoping that the 'ultra deluxe' option will prove a genuine upgrade.

The mats arrived this morning and I've just fitted them. Two problems - the clips aren't the easy fit that I've enjoyed with the originals, and the clips are black plastic which looks ridiculous on a beige carpet (my original clips match the carpet colour).

I expect that I'll be putting the original mats back before too long. These RAC mats are probably no better and no worse than other third party products in that they'll get you by if you don't have a useable set of originals. But no, I wouldn't recommend them.

Mats are infuriating aftermarket and no way near as good as the original Audi ones. Happy to be shown wrong. This has been a recurring theme for me over the last 5 years i've been on a couple car forums and still no - one has worked out who made the originals so a group buy could be arranged. Surely someone is out there knows who the original Audi suppliers were?????

I've gone back to my genuine Audi mats and the RAC mats have gone back to their supplier for a refund. I'm disappointed that what were in most respects a lovely set of mats were let down by cheap nasty clips, inaccurately sited. The driver's mat in particular wouldn't clip down both sides at the same time.

The mats have gone back to Car Essentials, the trading name of D&E Distributors Ltd.

Would be nice to get OEM quality carpet mats with A2OC badges embroidered on them perhaps a group buy or through club merchasndise?

I bought a set off eBay that fixed straight into the studs. At that price you could almost replace them instead of clean them ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190102-152013.png
    Screenshot_20190102-152013.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 258
Mats are infuriating aftermarket and no way near as good as the original Audi ones. Happy to be shown wrong. This has been a recurring theme for me over the last 5 years i've been on a couple car forums and still no - one has worked out who made the originals so a group buy could be arranged. Surely someone is out there knows who the original Audi suppliers were?????

Four years later - the surviving labels on the underside of my original 2001 mats indicates the manufacturer was Dura-Tufting GmbH.

Back