Tapatalk API

shreddedmeat

Looks like the Tapatalk API has expired as I keep getting this message on the app:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372979314.553106.jpg

Still works fine, just thought the powers that be ought to know (if they don't already)

Cheers

This is a query for webmaster Ben, I am aware he has been very busy with work, so hopefully he will be able to provide some information on this soon.

I've had a mooch around and it looks likely that Tapatalk isnt going to work anymore. I may be wrong, but that's the way I read it. There appears to be a commercial alternative available.

I'm sure Ben will confirm the detail when he can; however there has been a bit of backlash towards other forums from users who arent happy they have paid for Tapatalk and cant continue to use this long term. ironically the new software would appear to be from the same company which produced Tapatalk. Go figure.

I've never used it myself; having always just read the normal site on my HTC. Hopefully this won't be too much hassle to those who do use it; and as stated one of our tech gurus will be able to give further detail or you can hit the Google search for more background as I did.

To reiterate; this development if I have interpreted it correctly is outwith the responsibility of A2OC.

Last edited:
Murdo, do you have a source for that info? As a programmer this kind of boring stuff interests me! If what you're saying turns out to come true, then it looks like a case of bad programming/practice on Tapatalk's behalf, to me.

This was from TT Owners Club. Have a look on there and you'll see the 100+ posts on the subject.

Had a read through. Some angry people there! Although from what I gather its a decision of the TT Forum's owner to stop supporting Tapatalk because the thing is run for profit and he can make more money from his own alternative app. That's not a decision that's been made here (AFAIK) so members here should be safe with their apps once (if?) the API is updated. I should point out that for now you can still access the forum with the app once you clear the message.

Cheers

Confirmed no such decision here. A2OC is non profit making. Hopefully all will be ok then.

Hi,

I've updated the Tapatalk plugin to the latest build. It should work with both the Tapatalk (free) and Tapatalk 2 (paid) iOS apps, in addition to the other available clients.

Ben

Back