TDI Badge Location?

manhattan$

Past Member
I have just bought a new rear TDI badge for my A2, so i wonder if any kind member could take some measurements so that i can place it in the correct location?

(No 1.4 badge)

Cheers.

e61f823d6eb2f7f4ad9e09f69a6d0b59.jpg

I would love to help Paul but i would fear giving you imprecise measurements as the gaps you well know are small. Its only a suggestion, but i would consider get some tracing paper and etching over an existing badge on another A2 Tdi badge already in situe . I think that may be more accurate ?.

.......but if your badge is correctly spaced already on a cardboard pack you would only need the 4 measuements - top, bottom, left and right ?.

.......but if your badge is correctly spaced already on a cardboard pack you would only need the 4 measuements - top, bottom, left and right ?.

Hi Dave,
The new badge is already spaced on the Audi packaging, its just the exact location on the bottom right hand side panel im looking for.

My son has "borrowed" my tape measure from my tool kit, grr !. If no one else gets back to you i will do it as soon as its found.

Ta
Dave
:)

The problem is that if anyone measures the position of their badge, how do you know that their badge has been fitted by the factory and not by a previous owner?

It is probably best to look at several pictures of the tailgate (lots on the cars for sale adverts) and try to find the "normal position" you should not need an exact measurement (unless you can get a manufacturers specification drawing)

I use the clear reversing lens as a guide to the height, with the badge being just slightly higher than the bottom of the clear lens and with the 1.4 TDI equally spaced between the tailgate edge and the edge of the reg plate recess. I am not saying that this is correct, but I looked at several A2s and took the average of them and those lines seemed to work.rear spoiler 4.jpg

Steve B

Steve its right, although to my knowledge from previous owners it is not likely to have been replaced if it had been missing. Here is a wider picture as you can see from the 3 pictures on this thread they are very similar. So I would say those measurements are pretty good.

9bc0588b8ed91ccf7b57552245fb2d72.jpg

Steve its right, although to my knowledge from previous owners it is not likely to have been replaced if it had been missing. Here is a wider picture as you can see from the 3 pictures on this thread they are very similar. So I would say those measurements are pretty good.

9bc0588b8ed91ccf7b57552245fb2d72.jpg

That badge looks perfectly positioned to me.

Steve B

8cb0c59c87390a2449865236fa8a7980.jpg
75140851cb05aa434ca7398015b762fd.jpg

Just checking my A2 badge location before fitting my TDI badge the other side.

5.5cm from the left edge
6cm from the bottom edge

Could someone double check for me?

The TDI badge measurements are different from the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Back