TDI (BHC) limp mode

Biggsy

My partner's A2 (we are 2 A2 couple!) has a problem where it occasionally goes into limp mode up hills. I read all the posts and found a split intercooler, which I replaced and I thought had solved the issue...but today she reports it's done it again! I have visually inspected all the little pressure pipes but can't find any splits. Is there a way of pressure testing the system? I have an old kit with a tyre valve which plugs into the intake pipe but where do I block it off to hold the pressure?

I guess you would need VCDS to log requested boost pressure vs actual boost pressure when going up a hill.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

You need a bung with the valve fitted to the pipe that would come from the air filter, on the engine side obviously. A chunk of turned aluminum would be best, but you may be able to make do with a wooden one, either needs a lathe.

However, have you also checked the fuel filter, when was the last time that was replaced?

You need a bung with the valve fitted to the pipe that would come from the air filter, on the engine side obviously. A chunk of turned aluminum would be best, but you may be able to make do with a wooden one, either needs a lathe.

However, have you also checked the fuel filter, when was the last time that was replaced?
Thanks, I do have a bung but I'm not sure how to use it! I tried popping it in instead of the MAF but couldn't get any pressure.
The fuel filter was done a few months ago, during which a very old blocked filter was found. The mechanic flushed out the pipes as well.

Back