tdi-tuning.co.uk

I have nothing against tuning boxes as such but would tread very carefully with something almost too cheap. What are reviews saying? IF you prefer the idea of a plug-n-play box then go for DTUK who are long established and experienced (and I have used their products but not on the A2) otherwise I would strongly advise getting a bespoke remap.

You need to visit stealth racing. Vince there is the authority on remapping A2's. A2OC members get a discount as well. I am not sure what the currant price is as it was a long time ago when I had mine remapped.

Cheers

David

Yeah, Vince at Stealth Racing is the go-to guy where remapping A2 TDIs is concerned. He's based in Southam, to the south of Birmingham. I think A2OC members are charged roughly £240.

Cheers,

Tom

Yeah, Vince at Stealth Racing is the go-to guy where remapping A2 TDIs is concerned. He's based in Southam, to the south of Birmingham. I think A2OC members are charged roughly £240.

That's exclusive of VAT. I think my bill was 280 in October 2012. Still very reasonable for a tailor made remap that took a couple of hours labour to complete.

Stealth racing would be great if your an hour or even 2 way but I was too far away. I remapped my brothers car from blacksmoke with a MPPS cable for about £50 all in.

I live in Hertfordshire so they are not too far for me. How does remapping affect fuel economy?

Remapping gets the extra power from burning the fuel more efficiently.

So in reality a remap IMPROVES MPG.

BUT and it is a BIG BUT, you will be almost unable to resist using the extra power and torque and so you MIGHT drive the car a bit more enthusiastically (i.e. less economically) and so the net result could be a slight reduction in MPG, but that will ONLY be due to your driving style and not the remap.

So in short a good remap (such as the one that Vince / Stealth would give you) improves MPG.

Steve B

Back