Tdi75 losing power

Audiloon

Good morning. I’m new and have read a few threads prior to posting. I’m at my wits end really. I’ve invested a chunk of cash in my a2 TDI 75 which is running a 65000 mile arosa engine. Had it mapped and recently it’s started losing power mainly uphill at motorway speeds. No codes identified. Does anyone know if I can purchase a brand new set of pipes/hoses so I can eliminate leaks please?

Possible fuel filter, left hand rear near the beam axle mounting point. Often gets overlooked as it’s not in the engine bay.

Good morning. I’m new and have read a few threads prior to posting. I’m at my wits end really. I’ve invested a chunk of cash in my a2 TDI 75 which is running a 65000 mile arosa engine. Had it mapped and recently it’s started losing power mainly uphill at motorway speeds. No codes identified. Does anyone know if I can purchase a brand new set of pipes/hoses so I can eliminate leaks please?
What scan tool was used, VAG specific, or generic?
If it was not VAG specific, try again with one that is.
The best way is to use a scan tool to log real data over a drive that includes the symptoms. Not a diesel expert, but fuel pressure, turbo boost (if one's fitted), engine revs etc, should tell you what's going on.
Mac.

Vacuum pipes above o/s driveshaft can pop out there's a blue and green one, happened to me going up one of Yorkshires tallest hills Garrowby hill was fully ladened and pulling hard, the power loss was not ideal lol but I very rarely push it that hard as there's simply no reason! Found plastic vacuum pipe popped out reconnected and touch wood no further issues but should it reoccur I will look to lengthen the pipe work to make it easier to reconnect and maybe reduce stress causing it to come undone

I'm with the fuel filter or possibly the tandem pump on this one. If it was related to control of the turbo, wouldn't there be an EML about it?

Assuming it is an AMF - would have been nice to have been told, there is no EML on that age of car.

The "wild card" is the Arosa engine fitted. How much is A2 and how much Arosa? What ECU fitted? What turbo fitted?

I am with boost pressure loss. Either turbo control, air pipes or intercooler leaks.

The A2 does not have all systems monitored and thus does not produce codes or dash warning lights in some areas, such as fuel pressure and feed, the injectors and loom (not always).

A full VCDS scan with its results may not show any issue but still well worth having and submitting the scan result here.

Not sure if the car has entered limp mode or not either.

Also noted those dreaded words "had it mapped"

Thank.
Possible fuel filter, left hand rear near the beam axle mounting point. Often gets overlooked as it’s not in the engine bay.
I’ve had one put on very recently. Issue still persists. Could it be maf sensor or egr valve?

Ho
Assuming it is an AMF - would have been nice to have been told, there is no EML on that age of car.

The "wild card" is the Arosa engine fitted. How much is A2 and how much Arosa? What ECU fitted? What turbo fitted?

I am with boost pressure loss. Either turbo control, air pipes or intercooler leaks.

The A2 does not have all systems monitored and thus does not produce codes or dash warning lights in some areas, such as fuel pressure and feed, the injectors and loom (not always).

A full VCDS scan with its results may not show any issue but still well worth having and submitting the scan result here.

Hi. It’s running the Audi a2 ecu. My mechanic suggests I have the map took off.

I'll go third with the fuel filter suggestion. Mine was doing the same and it was a fairly new filter but potentially filling up after a delivery at the garage or running the level low caused it to block. It's £10 and 30 mins of your time to rule it out.

Could rule maf out by unplugging it but this would generate a fault code and maybe glow plug light flashing but if you have diag kit no drama. EGR on AMF is not monitored if EGR stuck open this would lower the MAF reading as engine is getting a large percentage of its intake from exhaust gases

You can check fuel pressure, with VCDS see YouTube vid here.
If there is a boost pressure sensor, (I'd think there is), you can check it out in the VCDS Groups below.
These groups are standard across the VAG range, as long as the appropriate sensor is present.
Mac.
Screenshot 2023-04-10 17.31.26.png

I had a similar problem with my TDi. It would lose power up hills and required a start-up to get out of limp mode. My mechanic eventually found a disconnected turbo pipe at the back of the engine, reconnected it and no more trouble.

I also had a MAF problem on the TDi. It resulted in a misfire when accelerating and a puff of smoke but you could 'drive through' it. There's probably other things that a duff MAF can produce but that's my experience.

Back