Tdi75 rough idle

Afternoon everyone. Ok, I have a tdi 75 totally standard. It has a rough idle. Increase revs by 100 rpm it’s smooth. Out on the road it drives fine, pulls smoothly and no misfire or hesitation right through to the redline. Back to idle speed it is not how it should be. I have changed the injector loom for a used replacement and cleaned the EGR valve. Yes, I could have two bad injector looms but unlikely. I will put a new thermostat in so it gets up to 90 on the dial, at the mo it goes to about 75-80. I changed the timing belt side engine mount from a car that was ok. Still the same. I will run some injector cleaner through the engine. Any suggestions? Haven’t scanned it as yet.

Is the dog bone o.k?

Secondly, have the injectors been given a clean / renovation as well as the new loom? My project AMF got refurbished injectors last autumn and the mechanic spent a good long while doing the adjustment once fitted according to the manual specifications - and the smoothness of how it runs has been completely transformed. Could this contribute to your issue?

The dog bone has been mentioned before. I thought that controlled front/back movement of the engine? I can swap it over with one on my own car.

Thanks
Is the dog bone o.k?

Secondly, have the injectors been given a clean / renovation as well as the new loom? My project AMF got refurbished injectors last autumn and the mechanic spent a good long while doing the adjustment once fitted according to the manual specifications - and the smoothness of how it runs has been completely transformed. Could this contribute to your issue?

Could perhaps be dirty injectors, I would run a diesel purge. Even if this isn’t the cause of your rough idle issue, you should notice other benefits such as slightly smoother running at speed and better fuel consumption, assuming it hasn’t been done ever or for a long time.

Back