Tea?

Joga

A2OC Donor
Was thinking on a cup of tea this evening, looked in the cup board and came up with this:
_20200720_221916.JPG

But but, I am curious what would an true Englishmen (I am now including both gender and whole uk of course) drink, not counting any of these?
Is there ONE tea sort that is the default one, or is the tea taste in uk totally diverse?
I grew up thinking earl Grey was the default tea :oops::)

Was thinking on a cup of tea this evening, looked in the cup board and came up with this:
View attachment 67344
But but, I am curious what would an true Englishmen (I am now including both gender and whole uk of course) drink, not counting any of these?
Is there ONE tea sort that is the default one, or is the tea taste in uk totally diverse?
I grew up thinking earl Grey was the default tea :oops::)
Tea is a really individual thing! Some people will swear by certain brands, popular standard uk teas are typhoo, Yorkshire, Tetley and pg tips. Nowadays many many brands are available in our supermarkets, I prefer the twinings brand, English breakfast is particularly nice ?

mostly it's black tea, using a blend of assam / darjeeling / maybe some pekoe. Depends. Typhoo, Tetley, PG Tips, Yorkshire Tea - it's all much of a muchness, slight variants in the taste, but fundamentally a strong black tea.
Personally, I've dropped to green and white teas, mostly from clipper. I have a jar of Yorkshire for old time's sake but I'm not drinking it as much as I used to - the month-long caffeine hangover is something I don't want to go through again.

- Bret

Had to do some googling, seems from those brands you mention, only twinings and tetley are available over here.
I do think next purchase could be twinings breakfast tea.

Had to do some googling, seems from those brands you mention, only twinings and tetley are available over here.
I do think next purchase could be twinings breakfast tea.
Twinings is much better than the others I mentioned in my opinion ? it makes a much smoother, and less bitter tea, they also do some nice inexpensive other teas also!

When I used to visit customers in Stockholm regularly a few years back, the only way I could get my tea fix was Twinings breakfast. The office kitchens had it, the local shops near the hotels had it if the hotels themselves didn't. At home it's PG Tips, either loose-leaf or the Pyramid bags. But taken black, always black for me - that puts me in a minority over here.

When I used to visit customers in Stockholm regularly a few years back, the only way I could get my tea fix was Twinings breakfast. The office kitchens had it, the local shops near the hotels had it if the hotels themselves didn't. At home it's PG Tips, either loose-leaf or the Pyramid bags. But taken black, always black for me - that puts me in a minority over here.
Without milk? My preference too ?

Me too - ever since I went to Captain Lipton’s plantation in Sri Lanka and they explained all the wonderful benefits of drinking tea, but that adding milk and especially sugar completely negates them!

Always Yorkshire tea for me
Everytime I visit Sweden I bring my own tea
But I did find Yorkshire tea in ICA Maxi i Östersund

Back