Temperature gauge and oil pressure sensor

Motoguzzi

Hello, I have had my 1.4 tdi A2 (my first car) for around 2 months now and I have never seen the temperature gauge read more than around 80 degrees at the most. It very rarely lifts off of the 60 degree base reading. Is this something I should be concerned about? It has been serviced very recently (3 weeks ago).
Also as of yesterday an orange oil pressure sensor warning has come up on the digital display. Do this mean I just need to replace the sensor?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Louis

If you change the thermostat and temperature sensor (genuine ones) that would hopefully solve the gauge problem. Not an issue to run it for a while but your fuel economy will suffer slightly.

Last edited:
no, the sensor is fine but the level is probably low. Check and maybe add a half-litre.
Cheers for your reply. I have checked oil level and it is fine. The warning that comes up is the oil can icon with ‘sensor’ written below it. I think you get a separate warning if oil level is low.

Cheers for your reply. I have checked oil level and it is fine. The warning that comes up is the oil can icon with ‘sensor’ written below it. I think you get a separate warning if oil level is low.
Ah, ok. Orange without text is level warning. With the sensor text, yes, the sensor is probably shot. I would check the cabling before ordering one.

and on the temperature: I would also check with VCDS what the engine is reporting as temperature. There are multiple sensors and it's possible the one to the dash is telling bad values but the others are not.

Ok perfect. Thanks a lot for your insight, I’ll check the cabling now and look into getting my hands on vcds
Thanks again

Back