Terra Clean

Hi Everyone,
First post on here.
Car went in for MOT and failed on emissions so tester suggested terra clean (which they didn't do) but a nearby local garage did.
I was sceptical that this would work, but decided to try it, cost £60.00, anyway car came back and passed MOT.
Driving the car afterwards it seemed very much better, felt quicker, more responsive and quieter, more pleasant to drive.

Test Results below,
Before, After,
Fast Idle Test Fast Idle Test
CO 0.62 Fail CO 0.02 Pass
HC 147 Pass HC 51 Pass
Natural Idle Test Natural Idle Test
CO 0.99 Fail CO 0.00 Pass

As you can see from the results this appears to have made a big difference on paper.
Anyone else had this done and noticed any difference?

Welcome to the forum.

It's great to see another member giving it a go and reaping the rewards of it. I've had this done on the 1.4 BBY petrol engine and the improvement was night and day. Many complain that their 1.4 petrol is slow in all areas . Not what i found after a Terra clean even on motorways it was fine. I'm guessing yours was a 1.4 petrol too?

Knowing how these engines are, it's madness not to benefit frorm this cleaning process. Where are you based, i'm asking because £60 is an extremely good price? Mine was £105 but i'm near London.

Last edited:
Hi sorry for delay in responding computer crashed.
yes its a 1.4 petrol AU?. Didn't really have a choice to give it a go as I thought the only other option was an Italian tune up which may not have worked. Would certainly recommend it. The cost of £60 was up here in Newcastle upon tyne in the North East. How often does it need doing any idea ?.

just checked and this may not be the actual terra clean but hydroclean carried out by DNS KAR HELP 21 back goldspink lane, Sandyford, newcastle

It would be interesting to know how long the effect actually lasts, whether it was still "clean" after a tank of fuel etc. Need a friendly MoT tester to prove it I guess ...

Hi all
First post on here.
I had the terraclean done on a merc I owned, it did make a difference but cost £130, (I'm based in n ireland).Possibly cheaper with the smaller car,with ref keeping it clean I've been following the forum re 2 stroke additive and some interesting posts.

Back