TFL Confirmation that “T” charge NOT payable

Got this from TFL today following my sending copy of my V5 doc to them.

“You do not have to pay the T-Charge for the following reason:
● You have submitted satisfactory evidence to us, confirming that your vehicle meets at least the Euro 4 / IV”

(This relates to my A2 1.4 TDI which has a ‘52’ number plate.)

Result!

Got this from TFL today following my sending copy of my V5 doc to them.

“You do not have to pay the T-Charge for the following reason:
● You have submitted satisfactory evidence to us, confirming that your vehicle meets at least the Euro 4 / IV”

(This relates to my A2 1.4 TDI which has a ‘52’ number plate.)

Result!

Good news, is yours an AMF code engine?

I would suggest that you don't check on the website, or you are likely to be told that you are NOT exempt, it is Russian roulette on their web checker.

Steve B

It's quite pathetic though isn't it - you have to prove what they should already know. How many people will just pay up instead I wonder - quite scandalous really and also, illegal I'd say. Isn't this obtaining money by deception?

It's quite pathetic though isn't it - you have to prove what they should already know. How many people will just pay up instead I wonder - quite scandalous really and also, illegal I'd say. Isn't this obtaining money by deception?

At the very least it is a complete and utter shambles.

I can only imagine that they will use the same software to determine if the extra charge applies or not when you drive into the zone, so even those with Euro 4 and above cars will be charged unfairly and that will hit the newspapers bug time and I suspect they will have to stop charging until they have sorted this mess out.

More of our money will be wasted doing that!

Steve B

even those with Euro 4 and above cars will be charged unfairly and that will hit the newspapers bug time and I suspect they will have to stop charging until they have sorted this mess out.

This is the sort of thing Watchdog should be highlighting - I may raise it at work for the new series, seeing as the production office is in Salford now.

Back