The Green Goddess

Picking this 1.6fsi up Monday.

So following on from the above thread...........

Got the car cleaned couple days ago whilst it was raining, was itching to do something so it was under the tarpaulin for a Gold inside and out service. I'm really liking this car an awful lot! Definately one of the best car purchases i've ever made in that this car is so straight and clean and honest! I'm sure it's never been in any accident as it all lines up perfectly and the doors close with such perfection it feels more A4 than A2 to me quite shocked to be honest.

It is relaxing and effortless to drive being an se and fsi, it's superior low down torque meaning whatever gear your in it will accelerate no problem. It feels very similar to the 1.4 on a tiny throttle, you'd be forgiven in thinking there's no difference, but push the pedal down a little at low rpms and it just pulls harder than the 1.4 because of it's superior low down torque and this one at least seams extremely good on fuel. I'm shocked at how superb the brakes feel, either the rear discs are a better addition to braking or the 1.4 rear drums need adjustment on ours. I know it's been said a thousand times but this littler car which this one feels similar to our old A4 to me, really does get under your skin.

There's a few jobs that need doing.

1. The microswitch in the drivers door has gone meaning no dash info when opening the door and fuel switch won't work. ( Now done )
2. Drivers door check strap needs changing, it's clacking. ( Now done )
3. Will get the rear arch painted on the nearside as it needs it.( Now done )
4. Need to fix the engine light hopefully it's only N316 valve. ( Now done turned out to be much more see later in thread )
More jobs to add to the list as of 12 March.

5. Source and paint front bumper, black lower plastic trim is split. ( Now done )
6. Alarm button on the B pillar broken, have sourced another. ( Now done )
7. The front bonnet flap needs looking at as it doesn't close/lock properly. ( Now done )
8. O/S/R door microswitch not working needs a repair by Tom ( Timmus )

Spec.

1.6 fsi se
Twist leather
Electric lumber
Cruise Control
Sport steering wheel
RNDE stereo
Sat Nav/dvd/Cd player
Blue tooth Mobile phone
Heated mirrors
4 electric windows
Front fogs
Full diss
False floor

If anyones wondering why the "Green goddess", it's a reference to the early eighties keep fit slot on BBC breakfast Tv.

Couple of pics for now, more to follow when it's all bench cleaned and leather treated. Really looking forward to using it on the Welsh social.

1070528.jpg

1070529.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Noooo - I was looking forward to the Cobalt convoy. In all seriousness, it looks a great car and I look forward to seeing it at the Wales social, if not before.

I bet you're tempted to keep it now...

Noooo - I was looking forward to the Cobalt convoy. In all seriousness, it looks a great car and I look forward to seeing it at the Wales social, if not before.

I bet you're tempted to keep it now...

It's very very tempting but i cannot afford to keep it in our Audi fleet scheme of things. Going to enjoy it for 5/6 months whilst Cobalt is under surgery and sell the car. I was totting up today what Cobalt has cost us so far,.................................. almost £6,5k and still more to go. :oops:

If ever there was a lesson it just goes to show never buy a car that has a list as long as your arm to sort out, it's far better to pay top money for a good one as you did!

Haha the sad face was a mistake. But, I am sad that I didn’t buy it. Since I’ve bought mine so many nice A2s have materialised. I mean, I like mine, and the colour is stunning, the interior is great. But the grass is always greener ;

Haha the sad face was a mistake. But, I am sad that I didn’t buy it. Since I’ve bought mine so many nice A2s have materialised. I mean, I like mine, and the colour is stunning, the interior is great. But the grass is always greener ;

Your Jaipur is a stunner, you could always make it like this one very easily! Stunning combination imho. :)

fullsizeoutput_71a.jpeg

On Wednesday, Tom (Timmus) removed and repaired the drivers door lock microswitch problem we had. We now have the date and mileage dash info lighting upon opening the door and the fuel switch works again as Audi intended and all is as it should be so very pleased this annoying fault is fixed.

Slight fly in the ointment, Tom diagnosed the drivers rear door lock microswitch being faulty so another small job for Tom to fix when he's back down.

I'm really enjoying having this A2 to use, there's a few jobs to do but will get them sorted before we let go of the temporary car and as a family we're very much looking forward to using it on the Welsh social in May.:)

Cheers Steve, i'm very very tempted!!

Either way i want her fully sorted for the new owner or i can see us with the bonus of extended ownership until .............? Big dilemma, where's the crying symbol when you need it?

She's going in for some work this Thursday for a new lower inlet manifold i bought from Crew Audi and a new Bosch injector in time for the Welsh run. She has developed a slight misfire on no3, sparks plugs and coils swapped around to diagnose. It's a very low one only registering 17 on the misfire count, which would normaly be in the 300 range but i know it's there. Plus something about a fuel pressure valve regulator open circuit needs diagnosing? Gary will advise Friday with any luck.

Back