Information This looks OEM right? [emoji38]

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Here are my A3 seat heating control switches fitted.

Frankly, I wish I had a 3D printer. Making a surrounding frame from chopped up aluminium sheet and cup holder carriage was a pain!

ef78fb642468e6e6d802b2c1c4441241.jpg

Ps. I know they are squint but a warm bottom is with sacrifices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are my A3 seat heating control switches fitted.

Frankly, I wish I had a 3D printer. Making a surrounding frame from chopped up aluminium sheet and cup holder carriage was a pain!

ef78fb642468e6e6d802b2c1c4441241.jpg

Ps. I know they are squint but a warm bottom is with sacrifices!

I think you need to send me the switches, I already have the cubby hole tray. I'm sure that I can get a much better looking result

I admire your endeavour but would they not fit where they are supposed to go at the ends of the climate? Maybe too big, too deep?

Andy

Paul, I’m pretty sure ANYONE could get a better looking result - you especially - but I wouldn’t presume upon your time for a one off print. It doesn’t look like it but thus took me AGES!

The switches are from an A3 and they were £20. Wider by far than the vertical A2 switches but the connector is the same so I went for the non-climate style of cubby switches.

Paul, I’m pretty sure ANYONE could get a better looking result - you especially - but I wouldn’t presume upon your time for a one off print. It doesn’t look like it but thus took me AGES!

The switches are from an A3 and they were £20. Wider by far than the vertical A2 switches but the connector is the same so I went for the non-climate style of cubby switches.

Sorry if you already know this but there is an OEM version of that and I am not sure how much it is but Tom (Timmus) sourced one for me when we had our grandsons £300 tdi converted to heated seats (It doesn't have climate and so it uses a cubby hole option (no climate panel!)

It does take the standard A2 A4 heated seat switches though.

Steve B

I would happily have bought one of those but I have never found one for sale - except at crazy money. It does look a lot better than my DIY effort though... if anyone sees one let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pinky Just send me the switches and I will sort it for you I would think 25 quid will cover it, 30 quid tops
Some one else may want the same thing in the future anyway

Well... if you’re sure...

It feels like taking the mikey but I do appreciate the offer and think I will take you up on it.

I’ll maybe wait and check if they actually work first though. Got a wire in the wrong place at the moment!

Thanks Paul,

I’ll sort out the wiring - it’s just one wire in the wrong place. I was overconfident in my soldering.

These are the kind I got. Hopefully more A3 owners specced heated seats than A2 non climate owners did.

02926a6ff9b81c570acb201b1d71cf91.jpg

Thanks again.

I bought this off ebay for its buttons as spotless and no wear, even came with the heater controls, was only £6 plus the postage from lithuania , its from a differnt model audi but possibly easiliy converted to fit in an A2 with the original top cover purchased to cover the top vent hole

IMG_2819.jpg

Oooh! Interesting idea.

I’ve so far been chopping up bits of broken A2 cup holders to make frames for the switches. My original idea had been to put a little slide out drawer in the middle to finish it off and make it look neater in my cubby. The taller narrower switches would be easier I reckon.

That said - chopping things up and getting a neat finish has been harder than I had hoped - silly soft touch rubber spray just peels off!

The dimentions are just slightly smaller than our A2s so it may need something about 1-2mm on the edges to fill the dash like originally but all the fittings are correct ect and would look much better in my opinion and the cheapness of other Audi climate panels compaired to our A2 ones , hense why i bought it for the mint buttons...

AUDI A4 I A/C HEATER CLIMATE CONTROL 8D0820043N

The dimentions are just slightly smaller than our A2s so it may need something about 1-2mm on the edges to fill the dash like originally but all the fittings are correct ect and would look much better in my opinion and the cheapness of other Audi climate panels compaired to our A2 ones , hense why i bought it for the mint buttons...

AUDI A4 I A/C HEATER CLIMATE CONTROL 8D0820043N

Are you planning on cutting the heater switches off and fitting them to yours? Let me know how you get in fixing them.

Are you planning on cutting the heater switches off and fitting them to yours? Let me know how you get in fixing them.

Sorry youv miss understood , i only purchased the climate panel for its buttons as the ones in my tdi were worn , ive not got heated seats or modifiying the panel just posted the picture to help you as such ...

Sorry youv miss understood , i only purchased the climate panel for its buttons as the ones in my tdi were worn , ive not got heated seats or modifiying the panel just posted the picture to help you as such ...

Ah! Does that mean they are spare?

I’m not strictly an OEM-only guy but I suspect that Paul will make a much better job of making these switches look closer to acceptable than I have managed so far.

My choice of switch was driven more by availability and cost than looks and being in keeping with the car (although they are from a 2002 Audi A3 so only one number out )

Hopefully I’ll have some future pics showing these looking a bit less bad but my advice here is get it done right by someone who knows what they are doing - this has taken me a lot longer than it should have!

On the bright side... my bottom is now nice and toasty and it’s 1C outside.

Back