Throttle body part numbers

Texas1

Just a quick question to anyone out there
Having throttle body issues amongst other things with a 1.4 sport bby petrol and noticed tb part is 036 133 062N
According to audi shud be 036 133 062L. Could this be a problem or once adapted any 44mm tb will work?
I know egr valves have a T or R or M on the end of their part number which is important -just wondering if it's the
same for tb's. Sorry I'm a bit of a part number freak.

Mike

What kind of throttle body issues are you having?

The original throttle body is indeed 036 133 062L. I would assume the N variant would work as well but changes are your unit is somehow faulty. I currently have one that occasionally lights up the CEL and makes the car stall, but cleaning and/or adaptation doesn't help at all. If you do end up getting a new or new used one, it's of course better the get the original L variant.

Thanks for your reply -sorry got called away
The tb has been cleaned and adapted and after a deep scan,clear out and 10 Mile run
the only codes after a rescan was 017550 and a couple of sensors in the hvac.
Still getting the three lights of death now and then usually under load and always at
operating temp never cold
i get strong fuel smell on start up from cold ,not great fuel economy doesn't like traffic jams and recently
noticed a whirling gear sort of noise from behind the dash just prior to the death lights. It then goes
a bit flat for a couple of miles and then sprightly again.
I think it's time for a tb replacement or a well placed match - I'm not sure which
Mike

I got one of these for our AUA - FOR Audi A2 Seat Skoda VW Throttle Body 036133062B 036133062N 036133062K to replace whatever was on there originally (full of tar and gunk), also replaced the EGR valve and gave the joining piece under the TB a good clean out as well. Managed to adapt it using my ODBII reader. Error messages gone and the car seems to be running a lot better.

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/1/129-129030/

if you go to the above diagram and click on the throttle body, there is a long list of aftermarket equivalents with their model numbers (the wee button with a left / right arrow on it) that make it easier to search for. The impression I had before was that the main difference between the L and the N variants was that the latter has the wee tube for another pipe (11A/B on the diagram) that is plugged on the A2 deleted completely instead of still being present in the casting, but I'm almost certain now that this is a wrong interpretation.

Plenty available quite cheaply unless you absolutely have to go for a proper Pierburg or similar.
ie -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Throttle...036133062L-New-/173128978883?autorefresh=true

Thanks Robin for your reply
Another quick question -I saw one of your threads regarding the xtool vag401
Sounds like their ok for a DIY'er like myself
for the money

Back