Throttle valve malfunction

Davidkinton

I’m having problems with the idle on my 1.4 aua petrol. It seems to be when starting from cold, the throttle valve sticks with limited response from the pedal and I get the epc on and the check engine light. It throws up the p1545 throttle valve malfunction code. If I switch off and restart it will normally idle ok. I’ve tried adapting it and it failed once, but I started the engine and tried again and it adapted ok. I’ve cleaned the plug connector already and this seems ok. Is it likely to be just a failing throttle body or ecu? Any help or advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you clean inside the trottle body? If fully electric dont force by hand have ignition on and thottle pedal held to the floor

I’ve already taken it off and cleaned it a while ago, so I don’t think it’s a dirt issue.

Cant see it being the ecu itself
The throttle body is the most likely thing to fail or the wiring

Cant see it being the ecu itself
The throttle body is the most likely thing to fail or the wiring

Think I might change the throttle body then. Seems like the cheapest and easiest option. Don’t suppose anyone has one for sale?

Think I might change the throttle body then. Seems like the cheapest and easiest option. Don’t suppose anyone has one for sale?

Fairly sure I have a couple in the garage from when I was chasing a mis fire fault on an aua a couple of years ago
If you have the part number that would be good so I can match it

Cheers. Paul

Fairly sure I have a couple in the garage from when I was chasing a mis fire fault on an aua a couple of years ago

Cheers. Paul

Thanks Paul. I’ll take a look tomorrow in the light and get back to you.

Cheers. Paul

The part number is 036 133 062B. Let me know if you have one. Thanks for looking.

Yep I have a two a B version and an N version
You can have either for what o paid for them which was £15 each. Postage will be £4.10 RM second class signed for

They were both trial fitted to the AUA engine and adapted but the problem was not resolved
It actually turned out to be the HT plug lead had a tiny hole in the rubber insulation which allowed the lead to ark to the cylinder head but it sent me down a number of false paths until I eventually heard the arcing noise

The N version was recommended by a club member as a better unit than the B version but like I said both units were fitted and adapted and worked as per the original
I left the original on the car as the fault was nothing to do with throttle body

If you want it then PayPal friends and family to
[email protected]
And leave you name and address in the PayPal note and i will get it in the post to you

Cheers. Paul

Cheers Paul. I’ll send you some money through and the details now. Could you send me the N version then, as this may have superseded the B version and may be improved? Thanks Dave

Yea sure the B veraion is spotless as it was all cleaned up before I fitted it
The N version is in the condition I bought it ie a little dirty. It’s not carboned up or anything just not spotless

Cheers. Paul

Yea sure the B veraion is spotless as it was all cleaned up before I fitted it
The N version is in the condition I bought it ie a little dirty. It’s not carboned up or anything just not spotless

Cheers. Paul

5ae54fc16fdbd881794e001f6dc10f87.jpg

There is a little damage on the connector plastic where some monkey in a scrap yard who did not know how to undo a vag plug as separated the loom from the throttle body. It’s cosmetic and well away from the pins and the latch part is still intact
Also worthy giving it a clean before fitting it

Cheers. Paul

Back