Today i finished putting together a new garden piece I made ..

Couple of hundred hand forged stainless sparks 5 different lengths & each end threaded 4mm ..electro polished ..stainless spheres drilled and stainless inserts placed in ..and the arching tapered forged branches ...whole assembly revolves in the wind on thrust race bearing .I made this a number of years ago for bbc Gardner’s world live ..it’s mostly been disassembled in the garage for a good while ...finally dug it out and now have it in the garden sally loves it it’s meant to represent 3 stars exploding ..

Attachments

• 2477F1C7-F84C-4661-A4A9-4DEE3C140655.jpeg
    2477F1C7-F84C-4661-A4A9-4DEE3C140655.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 319
  • E6AA0B8A-A46D-42C7-A4FA-1A4D385B7A3C.jpeg
    E6AA0B8A-A46D-42C7-A4FA-1A4D385B7A3C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Couple of hundred hand forged stainless sparks 5 different lengths & each end threaded 4mm ..electro polished ..stainless spheres drilled and stainless inserts placed in ..and the arching tapered forged branches ...whole assembly revolves in the wind on thrust race bearing .I made this a number of years ago for bbc Gardner’s world live ..it’s mostly been disassembled in the garage for a good while ...finally dug it out and now have it in the garden sally loves it it’s meant to represent 3 stars exploding ..

Impressive. However not so much as the roof structure in the background. You see very few thatched roofs on new builds. (in my neck of the woods that is).

Fabulous craftsmanship Greywolf, got to admire anybody than can fabricate something as beautiful as this ... great job ☺☺☺

Fabulous craftsmanship Greywolf, got to admire anybody than can fabricate something as beautiful as this ... great job ☺☺☺
Thanks for that we all have our place in this world I was certainly never an academic ..far from it ..left school without a sausage ..but I’m very fortunate to be able to make or build pretty much anything ..it’s given me great personal satisfaction over the years .

I think we put to much emphasis on qualifications for our children give them a chance and maybe they will find their own slot in life .?

Last edited:

Brilliant !
The blue flower is Agapanthus I think - we had lots of that when we lived in New Zealand.

Back