Torque Pro

Yeah I use it with a cheap bluetooth dongle from ebay...works great in the Audi and my company Insignia....saves me £50 every time there is an error code too :)

Just ordered the Wireless mini dongle for it from fleabay just under £12 looks quite impressive on you tube cant wait to give it a bash

I use it - I've had it about 18months and it has steadily improved in terms of features and accuracy. The functions like load measurement, MAF reading, inlet manifold temp, proper coolant temp etc are all quite useful and the MPG and BHP/torque calculators are much more accurate now then they used to be.

I also got a cheapo Amazon adapter which works ok.

What I honestly don't know if it works at though is pulling error codes! Very early on I tried to use it to scan for errors and it said there were none, but I have no way of knowing if that was true or not! Some say it doesn't work properly for error code reading on some older cars particularly if you don't have a good adapter.

Never mind. Just found found one.

What if I wanted to log data on a non Bluetooth compatible device. Could I use a hard wired OBD2 > USB cable does anyone know??

Can someone post a cable that they are using with good results.
I may give this a go if its pocket money kinda cash.

Thanks

Roy

Yeah... I'm thinking the same. I might plump for one off Amazon. Probably easier to get a refund if necessary but I'd rather get one that works consistently & without breaking the bank. Anyone got a link to one that they've tried with success?

I have the ELM 327 dongle from a uk eBay seller, bought it ages ago still works and it gets almost all the codes the car has had so far....not many to be fair :)
It did not pick up any codes when the Brake switch went though even though the EPC light was on dash :(

Think I paid a couple of quid for the full torque app and £20 for the dongle.....but have saved cash at least 3 times in the past couple of years by not paying for audi to plug their scanner in.....I have told the garage what the codes are and even though they plug their gear in they have not found out anything extra that they can add to the bill :)

Hi I have ordered via ebay search bluetooth Mini ELM327
I have a set of VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-USB+CAN for error codes but interested in some of its functions especially the MPG and like many I love a gadget and as I dont have DIS I love a gadget:)

Tdige

Last edited:
Not to open a new thread, but is there any way for a 2001 DIS-less diesel to get a reliable source for mpg besides a full dash change?
Thinking of making it my future upgrade project and i'm looking for feasible/functional options.

The calculated MPG gauge on Torque has got a lot better - I've done a few drives where I've had the Torque MPG running and compared it to the instantaneous and average figures on the DIS, and they're pretty close most of the time. If you have an Android smartphone it's worth a go - you'll need a Bluetooth ODB dongle.

Alternatively you could get a device called a Scangauge. MikeMars uses one of these on his DIS-less diesel and gets great results from it, although it does require a bit of effort with getting the right correction factors.

Well, I don't entirely trust the values that the ScanGauge comes up with. When you change driving conditions (winter vs summer, city vs motorway, etc) the MPG figures are unreliable. They're only useful when your previous tank was similar to the current one (i.e., the correction factor needs to suit the driving conditions).

any one else still running torque pro and what displays are you using ?? any pictures would be great

Torque Pro, plus Bluetooth dongle, and any Android device (phone or tablet), and you're away. Quite popular amongst Mk1 TT folk.
Can't see why anyone would use a wired connection.
Mac.

Back