Chat Total Novice New A2 owner and forum user!!

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Hi! Im Edd, first things first, unbelievable forum, detail and support is insane! ? Definately a factor in going for upgrade from my 14 Kuga.

Could do with a basic crash course in searching and posting meethods/rules though as never been ona forum before as a member.

So I just bought this 1.4TDI 90 ATL Sport in akoya?? pearly paint, having never driven one before or even looked at one. Came form a good home, 2 owners and the chap I bought it form had had it for 16 years, got all the reciepts etc and it's totally stock. Came with full spare set of same alloys pictured, bonus!
I plan to mend all the interior stuff and keep her OEM for a while. I like things standard or better but look standard still (OEM+??). First things first off for the scan to see whats what with castle performance, Bristol area friend who is magic on laptop and all that mapping stuff etc.

List of things Ive found so far:

Glovebox lever came off in hand
Passenger drinks holder stuck in/doesn't release
Turbo's got a 'sucking in' whistle a bit - I dont know what its supposed to sound like or feel like (lag present and correct tho!)
Drivers window switch hanging on in there
Something large missing from tool tray in boot along the middle bit
Few buttons need to be sent for refurb somewhere, is it JP003 that does these?
Fuel and interior button hanging on in there!
Aircon isnt cold but fan and flaps all work ok it seems

Thats it!

If anyone can tell me what the name is for interior cloth and colour that would be brilliant, or any other advice greatly appreciated.

Front angle A2OC.jpg
INsideA2OC.jpg
SideA2OC.jpg

Welcome aboard, that llooks like a smashing car, well found. The most important thing with these is history and provenance. The same owner for so long is a bullseye, and a very good starting point.

Masses of useful information will be heading your way.

Welcome aboard Edd,

A nice looking A2 you have there. You’ve obviously already observed how very helpful everyone one is on here.

Most projects start off as OEM and try to not stray far from OEM+. Have a scan through the Project OEM Thread as an example, apologies for the length of it and how geeky it may seem at points but 90% of retrofitted items are from another Audi.

Yes James @jp.oog offers the button restoration service.

Keep asking your questions as were all ready to give answers.

Kind regards,

Tom

Welcome aboard, that llooks like a smashing car, well found. The most important thing with these is history and provenance. The same owner for so long is a bullseye, and a very good starting point.

Thank you! I've had a few cult cars before but there is something special about this, the quality of the drive and build is second to the magic something!

Welcome aboard Edd,

A nice looking A2 you have there. You’ve obviously already observed how very helpful everyone one is on here.

Most projects start off as OEM and try to not stray far from OEM+. Have a scan through the Project OEM Thread as an example, apologies for the length of it and how geeky it may seem at points but 90% of retrofitted items are from another Audi.

Yes James @jp.oog offers the button restoration service.

Keep asking your questions as were all ready to give answers.

Kind regards,

Tom
Awesome thank you! I'll be back after the scan for sure!

Thank you Simon!

Well, looks like someone else who has succumbed to the A2 spell!
Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership. If not already done join the marketplace, where you will be able to spend your hard earned cash on a multitude of goodies....

To get Market access on your account. Click on your username on the top black menu bar, select Account Upgrades. Select Market Access (it's the only one), there's a £2 fee via PayPal and after that it should work. Plus you get to see all the parts and cars for sale by Club members, and you can post Wanted ads for any A2 items you need.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Well, looks like someone else who has succumbed to the A2 spell!
Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership. If not already done join the marketplace, where you will be able to spend your hard earned cash on a multitude of goodies....

To get Market access on your account. Click on your username on the top black menu bar, select Account Upgrades. Select Market Access (it's the only one), there's a £2 fee via PayPal and after that it should work. Plus you get to see all the parts and cars for sale by Club members, and you can post Wanted ads for any A2 items you need.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Superb will do this...thanks

Welcome, totally agree with your comments about the forum, beats anything else!

A lovely looking A2 and a super find with having the same owner for 18yrs!

I’m north east Bristol/South Glos I f I can help at all!

Sent from the future

Welcome, totally agree with your comments about the forum, beats anything else!

A lovely looking A2 and a super find with having the same owner for 18yrs!

I’m north east Bristol/South Glos I f I can help at all!

Sent from the future
Fantastic, thanks cenik thats great to know, maybe Timmus will travel to the SW some time to give us all empty wallets :)

I can't see an answer for your last question in your initial post, viz

"If anyone can tell me what the name is for interior cloth and colour that would be brilliant, ......."

Looks like Matrix cloth pattern to me and most likely in Soul Black but difficult to be categorical based on pictures with wide variance of camera and ambient light and the screen used to view, the options sticker in the boot should tell you. Ian (@Proghound) tends to know these things.

Welcome by the way.

Andy

Last edited:
Ian (@Proghound) tends to know these things.
It looks like Matrix cloth in Soul black to me too ? To confirm it, there are nets on the backs of the front seats, right?

The codes confirm Akoya Silver paint (LY7H) and Soul (YA), N7C was the Matrix upgrade I believe.

It looks like Matrix cloth in Soul black to me too ? To confirm it, there are nets on the backs of the front seats, right?
Here you go yes there are cargo nets. So I can choose soul black glove box then to replace the knackered one. I will have a go ant rescuing it first of course but the lid is majorly scagged up.

Attachments

• 20210627_105703.jpg
    20210627_105703.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Back