Towbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abrammer

Has anybody fitted a towbar to their A2 or knows of someone who can do it? Audi informed me that it can only be fitted at the factory and as mine was an ex-demonstrator that is not an option. I need it to tow a dinghy (about 190Kg all up)so I am well within the limit specified in WhatCar.

Hi !

The tow bar will be offered as an aftermarket item from Audi sometime
this winter.
This will be the same system that is fitted from the factory.

I'm planning to have this fitted to mine as well.
Because I opted for the BOSE system I could'nt choose the tow bar fitted from the factory.

BK

Soon the owner of a 2003 Silver 1.4 TDI S-Line (Sport in the UK) with Open Sky, ECC, APS, CruiseControl, Navigation Plus + TV + BOSE + CD changer, Sideguard, Mobile phone, El. rear windows, Fog lights, Winter Package, ISOFIX, Headlight washers, Space Floor +++++++

Thanks for this - anyone else before I bang on again at my dealer?

Abrammer,

I don't know if you're in a hurry. Some of the forummembers including myself ordered the A2 Original Equipment Catalog (See: All Forums/A2 Facts etc.) Today I got a letter from Audi telling me they are out of print and will send me a copy when the new edition is available. The towbar could be in that catalog. Audi did not tell me though when it'll be available.

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

quote: Today I got a letter from Audi telling me they are out of print and will send me a copy when the new edition is available.

Sorry all - did I get the last copy of the Catalogue in stock? :D

Just for your info, a towbar doesn't appear in the copy I have, however as JanF indicated, it may be in the new issue.

Kaine

I think you must have Kaine:(

I got the same letter yesterday and proceded to impress the wife by translating it for her - which was quite good as I don't know any German. Thank God for the A2 Forum;)

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

I got my 'out of stock' letter today.

Love my new title-herrn!.

Great stamps on the envelope!.

Wished I could read German!.

Guessed what it said anyway!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

snap! if only i knew someone who collected stamps!

wife half translated it...although the number of refernces to foodstuffs seemed suspicious...oh well german was never her forte.

Griff

foodstuffs-missed that one!.

Just loved my name and address bit!. It's amazing how you can pick up the gist of the letter as many words look similar to english!.

Just wait untill we actually get the book-it's in german too!. I tried a cut and paste job on the scanned version on the A2 owners club site but could get the pdf to work at the text cut-I had the online translator all ready to go too!.

I'll ask my local dealer to translate!.

I would have thought that Audi would have replied in english-I won a SEAT competition to go to the geneva motorshow (when they launched the arosa) and I was phoned from Barcelona by a lovely spanish lady who spoke perfect english, and all communications were in english!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

I was given an accessories catatlog when I bought the car (August) and no mention of the tow bar. It is listed as an accessory on the website (www.audi.co.uk) although this is obviously the factory fit item. I need the towbar for 1st week in November to move my boat for the winter - anyone know of any third party option?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back