Tuning Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinw

I was look at VW Polo data today. The Polo has two variants of the 1.4 petrol engine. Both have the same capacity at 1390cc, same number of valves - 16, dsm bore/stroke - 76.5/75.6, same compression ratio - 10.5:1, but one has 75bhp at 5000 rpm, the other has 100 bhp at 6000 rpm. Torque is the same at 93 lbs/ft, although at different revs. The 0-62 times are 12.9 secs and 10.9 secs respectively.

Can anyone shed some light on what gives the different state of tune? More to the point, how I can up the power on my 1.4 A2 from 75 bhp to 100 bhp?

My guess is that it's just a different ECU map, but I'm having no luck finding a tuner who can give that sort of boost. The best I've found in the UK is 10%, taking the power up to around 82 bhp.

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

Could be intake, exhaust or engine tuning.
Also the fact that it's fitted in a different car could make a difference.

Good luck finding a tuner !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

It looks like AMD may be producing an ECU upgrade for the A2 petrol. If anyone is interested, email them and it might speed up their development process!

www.auto-amd.com

Hi TCasaca - if my french is correct, I think this is a TDi - mines a petrol. Thanks anyway.

Thanks Dieselpower - it looks like a good upgrade as well. 90 bhp, plus a boost in the torque of about 12%.

I have emailed them for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back