turbo for petrol

FOX

Dear owners club,
.....the only other question that I have right now is that I know that the diesel comes with a turbo from the factory... my car is a Audi A2 1.4 petrol spor...is a turbo a possible thing for the petrol model... and if so ....because I know that you guys really know alot about this particular Audi.... would you be able to tell me the fastest or most powerful one for the car ( that is name brand preferably.... quality is very important to me).... and where and how do I get one of these... and would it be the same turbo for the fsi... please get back and let me know... and just incase that you guys don't know ...would you be able to refer me to someone who can help... and thanks again for everything...
Sincerely,
the fox

Dear owners club,
.....the only other question that I have right now is that I know that the diesel comes with a turbo from the factory... my car is a Audi A2 1.4 petrol spor...is a turbo a possible thing for the petrol model... and if so ....because I know that you guys really know alot about this particular Audi.... would you be able to tell me the fastest or most powerful one for the car ( that is name brand preferably.... quality is very important to me).... and where and how do I get one of these... and would it be the same turbo for the fsi... please get back and let me know... and just incase that you guys don't know ...would you be able to refer me to someone who can help... and thanks again for everything...
Sincerely,
the fox

Anything is possible however the cost and trouble really wouldn’t be worth it.

Lupo guy of course have done it with the same engine aua/bby but seriously it’s not worth the cost.

An engine transplant would be cheaper but again a massive project.

Would be better getting a FSI or a TDi 90 and chipping if you wanted more power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything is possible however the cost and trouble really wouldn’t be worth it.

Lupo guy of course have done it with the same engine aua/bby but seriously it’s not worth the cost.

An engine transplant would be cheaper but again a massive project.

Would be better getting a FSI or a TDi 90 and chipping if you wanted more power

I have had an 1.4 75hp engine with a turbokit from germany, within the first month the gearbox was broken, the number 4 gear was gone. Then within 16 months the engine was blown. broken rod en a crack in the rear side of the engine. My advise is to always prepare the entire engine because the standard engine isn't strong enough to have turbo power even if you drive it sensible like i did”

some one once told me if you want a quicker car buy one, needless to say I ignored them and went ahead put silly money into it and it went pop, so learn from my lesson
stay safe

What car was that?

well I was running 220 with supporting mods hybrid turbo ect it was something else when it was running but didn't last all that long, luckily I got a bit back on breaking it

Of course the other way of tuning is to lose weight: spare wheel (if fitted), load cover, rear bumper beam*, rear seats, etc. Also, convert to lithium battery or even AGM. Happily, on the A2, lightweight wheels are really cheap and make a massive difference.

*At your risk, although most towbars require the removal of rear beams and the new bar does not behave in anything like the same way as the beam.

My Cappuccino and smart City Cab both had long expired AC systems so they went (about 10-12 kilos). In fact, I even ditched the stereo on the Cap as never used it, just made a little blank up for it and also removed the speakers (refitted when I came to sell). You wouldn't want to do it on a lovely low miles, collector quality car, but as a bit of fun on a near end-of-life car, it really stacks up.

Of course AC aside, all of the above can be popped back on when you sell. That little collection above (even without the AC) would be similar to the weight of a passenger, and that's enough to make a big difference on a light car.

The 1.4MPi is a delight because it's light and relatively simple: why not embrace that principle and run with it?

Benefits of weight reduction:

1) It's actually better than 100% reliable as a mod: those bits can't leap back on by themselves (therefore 100% reliable), removing weight also reduces the load on suspension, drivetrain and even the shell, to the benefit of all.
2) Removing weight not only improves power to weight ratio, but braking to weight as well: the same brakes effectively become more powerful. Springs and bushes become a fraction stiffer effectively as well as they're not working quite as hard.
3) Your economy improves.
4) You can often pull a higher gear for a given incline.
5) It's easy, free and generally, reversible.

What you don't get is the bragging rights of saying it's got a turbo. On the other hand, you might actually do it rather than rushing off, buying a turbo, looking at it for a bit, stuffing it under the bed and sticking it back on eBay after a couple of years. Ask me how I know (I never did put that mini supercharger on my TR6).

Regardless, have fun! The 1.4MPi is a brilliant little car and for me embodies the spirit of what the A2 is all about: light and refined.

Of course the other way of tuning is to lose weight: spare wheel (if fitted), load cover, rear bumper beam*, rear seats, etc. Also, convert to lithium battery or even AGM. Happily, on the A2, lightweight wheels are really cheap and make a massive difference.

*At your risk, although most towbars require the removal of rear beams and the new bar does not behave in anything like the same way as the beam.

My Cappuccino and smart City Cab both had long expired AC systems so they went (about 10-12 kilos). In fact, I even ditched the stereo on the Cap as never used it, just made a little blank up for it and also removed the speakers (refitted when I came to sell). You wouldn't want to do it on a lovely low miles, collector quality car, but as a bit of fun on a near end-of-life car, it really stacks up.

Of course AC aside, all of the above can be popped back on when you sell. That little collection above (even without the AC) would be similar to the weight of a passenger, and that's enough to make a big difference on a light car.

The 1.4MPi is a delight because it's light and relatively simple: why not embrace that principle and run with it?

1) It's actually better than 100% reliable as a mod: those bits can't leap back on by themselves (therefore 100% reliable), removing weight also reduces the load on suspension, drivetrain and even the shell, to the benefit of all.
2) Removing weight not only improves power to weight ratio, but braking to weight as well: the same brakes effectively become more powerful. Springs and bushes become a fraction stiffer effectively as well as they're not working quite as hard.

What you don't get is the bragging rights of saying it's got a turbo. On the other hand, you might actually do it rather than rushing off, buying a turbo, looking at it for a bit, stuffing it under the bed and sticking it back on eBay after a couple of years. Ask me how I know (I never did put that mini supercharger on my TR6).

Regardless, have fun! The 1.4MPi is a brilliant little car and for me embodies the spirit of what the A2 is all about: light and refined.
Could not agree more ??

I have a mate who races a classic motorbike. Some competitors pay hundreds of pounds for titanium bits in order to save weight. He stays stick thin and saves his money.

Back