Twitchy

Neil50

I took Albus for his longest run yesterday (100 mile round trip) as he was at the front of my drive blocking in my BMW.

When driving on the dual carriage way he seemed a bit "twitchy" and it wasn't even that windy. He has just over 144K on so will look at the shocks etc and I am sure that I have read that the ARB can be an issue as well.

Is there anything else that I should be looking at?

I know that he won't be as planted as my BMW MSport but it jus didn't feel right, especially as any issues are normally quoted as being too firm!

It also confirmed that I need to get cruise control retrofitted for journeys of any length, it is just a pain that I live at the opposite end of the country compared to most people.

Tyre pressures?
Tracking?
Road surface
A few trunk roads local to me have developed traffic ruts? courtesy of hgv traffic can cause unusual behaviour with a number of vehicles i drive

Ours felt a bit twitchy, and suffered some vibration at motorway speeds. Fitting four new Continental tyres to replace the mish mash of worn and part worn unbranded tyres has transformed it!

I am going to change the front tyres as one of them is near the limit and I will check the rears.

Will thoroughly check the suspension components to see if anything is worn or loose.

I am going to change the front tyres as one of them is near the limit and I will check the rears.

Will thoroughly check the suspension components to see if anything is worn or loose.
Assuming your tyre fitters is unaware of recommendations from all manufacturers and motoring organisations, new tyres should be on the rear.
This is to 'force' the vehicle to understeer rather than oversteer (which I appreciate is more fun - under controlled conditions). :)

Back