Information Tyre pressure advice

Neil Thain

Hello I have recently bought an A2 and the tyre pressure max on the tyre says 44psi but thats extermely hard, what is the best tyre pressure for 85/50

Thanks in advance Neil

Hello I have recently bought an A2 and the tyre pressure max on the tyre says 44psi but thats extermely hard, what is the best tyre pressure for 85/50

Thanks in advance Neil
I've just put 35 psi all round in my winter tyres on our TDI (whilst adjusting the handbrake with the rear wheels jacked up) and if feels spot on, well both the tyres and handbrake do now actually 😁

If you are using the factory air compressor (that lives in the boot) you will see a marked line on the outer reading of the gauge (red from memory) that is a good simple indication of where you need to be.

There's a little bit of experimenting with pressures tbh to find what suits your personal needs but as @audifan says use the guide on the sticker inside your fuel flap as just that 👍

Last edited:
From memory the flap sticker says 38psi front and 35psi rear for full load I think?
I think it's the other way around for when it's loaded up (35 front/38 rear) and then generally a fraction more up front than rear when riding solo 👍

Don't forget to look at what your tires say.
I have a '93 Yamaha Virago 250. It has its label on the chain guard. But that bike is 30 years old and the tire technologies have long changed so I always refer to the recomendations of the tire itself rather than the motorcycle.

As for the car, it is not a teenager either. I usually keep 2.4bar which is almost 35psi. I always thought I was on a hard side but according to the info here, it is very much all right so I may go add some more to decrease rolling resistance. Thanks, guys, for it.

A russian comedian Garage54 has a video about overinflating a tire up to 15bar (217.5psi). And, of course, what happens to it after running on a sharp edge. I don't know if the video is translated to English as I understand russian and prefer videos in their original languages (if I understand them), but it is a very good one.

Back