unable to register

Will

A2OC Donor
A friend is unable to register on this forum.

Is membership still closed since the 'bot' attack?

Thanks.

Will

A friend is unable to register on this forum.

Is membership still closed since the 'bot' attack?

Thanks.

Will

Hi Will
Registration is open but every new application is checked to prevent spammers joining the club. Providing your friend gives sensible answers when registering then he should be accepted

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike. He says he's tried 7 times but it says registration denied. Is this the standard reply until an admin authorises the process? His name is Adam, if you've a list of current applicants. Thanks.

there are none waiting. Best answer: Get the Email address used, send it as a PM and one of us can corroborate..... or let one of us know the username used? Maybe he's just banned and not deleted.

Bret

My friend was ultimately unable to register on this forum :(

He did eventually buy a VW Polo with the 1.4TDi engine, so I guess he's not so bothered about membership.

But I'm just highlighting a potential problem in the new member registration process.

Hi,

This is a problem for us. However, the sheer number of spam account registrations makes this a difficult one to resolve. If people e-mail me, I'll do my best to manually register such failed registrations.

If it's helpful, I could include all the moderators on the e-mail inbox for such questions. The downside is that this account receives a lot of spam - so all the moderators would also get this spam.

It's a difficult balance between annoying potential new members and annoying the site with spam forum posts.

Ben

Hi, just to bolt on to this.. I could not register when i tried to register using my company computer. I tried at home and registration worked a treat. There must have be a firewall thing or some other internet setting disabled on the company system. We are permitted to use the company computers for personal use in our own time but the settings are restricted.

Back