Unplugged CD changer and now no power to Radio

A2driver

Hi,
I unplugged the CD changer (never use it anyway) because it's mounted on the boot floor under false floor and I had a lot of camping stuff to squeeze in plus 2 dogs.
As soon as it was unplugged there was no power to the Radio unit. Ok plug CD changer back in, but still no power? Any Ideas?

Also it there any thing I can do with the CD lead so I can interface an Ipod or MP3 player?

Anyone......no......dust....?:p
dust.jpg

Any reason the head unit would off line when the CD changer is un-interface?

Did you unplug the CD changer from the CD changer end but leave it connected at the head-unit end?

My OE CD change is not mounted in the boot floor below the false floor, it is mounted on the side with a dedicated trim piece. So I'm guessing your was not OE? and so wiring may not be standard? My OE changer should get its switched power from pin17 of the 20pin connector so unplugging it has no effect on headunit power supply. You may want to check fuse or pull the headunit out to see if there is power going there.

Thanks for reply, Um...no was in a hurry so just whipped out the cable at the boot end, so still connected at head unit end. What’s puzzling me is I would expect to have some error if I tried to select a CD but head unit should still have power. It's dead even after reconnecting

Humps,
Yes I think it's heading that way (check head unit for 12v). Annoyingly fuse cover panel has been lost for years so I'm trying to locate the #2 radio fuse but I have no map.

Good spot from Humps there - the OEM Audi CD changer isn't mounted under the false floor but on the side of the boot space. Is it an Audi unit?

I reckon there must be an inline fuse somewhere that’s popped. Has anyone managed to remove head unit with something other than proper keys? It'll take a few days for keys if I order them.

this is the CD changer, lead, plug and position of install (not that position is pertinent). Seriously needs a hoover but A2 is more of a workhorse than defender. I think plug has a ground that may have shorted on another pin

IMAG0876.jpg
IMAG0877.jpg
IMAG0878.jpg

Ok, 7.5 internal fuse blown, easy repair.
If I want to put a line in (remove the CD changer) for an MP3 input which terminals do I want? In

IMAG0921.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0921.jpg
    IMAG0921.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0922.jpg
    IMAG0922.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Back