Upgrade to CD from Chorus

gnoweyvw

Hi there,

First post! First A2! What an awesome looking, well built machine! Love it! And what an excellant and friendly resource this site is too.

Anyway,my cars a 2001 1.4 SE with Chorus. Is there a alternative "plug n' play" CD player I could fit - preferably a standard Audi fitment?

If I can fit an Audi unit, is ebay the best place or is there another source?

Thanks.

A 2001 Model (built before 6/2001 can use only the generation I radios (Concert I) . So no CD. But: This radio can handle a CD Changer (or MP3 adapter). CD changer is in the trunk normally or in the glove box. (self made upgrade).
For cars 6/2001 and newer you can directly use a Concert II (CD radio).

A 2001 Model (built before 6/2001 can use only the generation I radios (Concert I) . So no CD. But: This radio can handle a CD Changer (or MP3 adapter). CD changer is in the trunk normally or in the glove box. (self made upgrade).
For cars 6/2001 and newer you can directly use a Concert II (CD radio).

Thanks for the speedy response. I actually have a CD multi changer from my S3 so I'd need a cable (I presume there's no cable in the car already) and a plastic side trim for the boot to hold the changer. Are the trim parts readily available from Audi - or won't they fit, being the earlier model?

Hi gnoweyvw
My 2001 car had the CD changer cable fitted. I had already bought a new cable and only found it after removing the side trim panel (Its for sale if you need one)

Not sure if its critical but only the A2 and TT use the same changer part number. I know the standard Panasonic unit has an adjustment for mounting position - depending if its fitted vertically, horizontally or somewhere in between. Maybe the Audi version is factory set but can be adjusted.

A side trim panel should be available from Audi. There are a few different versions depending on colour and if you have the false boot floor fitted

If you have not already found it, there is a CD changer fitting guide on the forum

Cheers Spike

The cable is not fitted just for fun;) There should be no cable. And right, you can retro fit the trim cover for the CD changer.

Erstens, Spike - Thanks for your responses. I'll pop down to Audi to see how much this stuff costs.

The alternative is perhaps an Alpine MP3 player (assuming they do one - long time since I was in the that market ;) as long as it can change the illumination colour to red to match the dash and doesn't look too much out of place.

Cheers.

Back