Using the key in the drivers door lock

audifan

A2OC Donor
Hi Guys, just done my annual battery replacement in both my remote keys. All went well and both resync OK. However when I use each key in the drivers door lock and turn once to open only the drivers door unlocks us usual. I did think that turning to unlock twice within a few seconds unlocked all doors but this does not happen. Neither does the holding of the key in the unlock position drop all the electric windows. So what I am asking this good community is for others to check the actions of their key(s) in the drivers door lock and either confirm my results or what happens if different on your car. Thanks

Just a small point, for all the windows to go down from holding down the key fob, the windows must be on one touch setting. You`ve probably cancelled that feature with the new battery.

Good Luck, John.

Nope key fob all works correctly. Have done this MANY times . As said all the resync has been carried out it is just the actions of the key in the door lock I am asking others to check.

I will check and come back to this but I cannot for the life of me remember!

If it helps at all; on UK-spec vauxhalls, manually unlocking via the driver's door only unlocked that door and proceeding to open it set off the alarm, whereas on german-spec opels this was not the case and all the doors unlocked. Something to do with thatcham category alarms.

Hi Guys, just done my annual battery replacement in both my remote keys. All went well and both resync OK. However when I use each key in the drivers door lock and turn once to open only the drivers door unlocks us usual. I did think that turning to unlock twice within a few seconds unlocked all doors but this does not happen. Neither does the holding of the key in the unlock position drop all the electric windows. So what I am asking this good community is for others to check the actions of their key(s) in the drivers door lock and either confirm my results or what happens if different on your car. Thanks
I belive mine was the same & was told by Tom@timmus its a security point to unlock the drivers door only when you use the key in the barrel.

Yet my owners manual clearly states the double turn will unlock all doors and holding in unlocked position drops the windows.

Now you have totally lost me. I know my way around the door locks and remotes on these cars. There is no issue with any microswitch as the key is unlocking the drivers door, but only unlocking ( and locking ) the drivers door.

All please read the original post as all I want to know is what happens on your car!

Cheers John @Axit that is the type of response I was hoping for. So it may be the UK spec cars ONLY unlock and lock the drivers door and also are not capable of opening the windows.

For which country was your owner's manual intended for? Only asking in case you got it after owning the car from elsewhere.

P.S: I'll check and get back to you since we own a UK-spec car, but at the moment I do not have access to the key or the car that goes with it!

Now you have totally lost me. I know my way around the door locks and remotes on these cars. There is no issue with any microswitch as the key is unlocking the drivers door, but only unlocking ( and locking ) the drivers door.

All please read the original post as all I want to know is what happens on your car!

Apologies, but what would an electrical microswitch have to do with mechanically locking/unlocking the lock itself?

A failing microswitch would have the effect that you described. Not operating the windows and not unlocking/locking any other door, correct?

Right Graham, just tried two of mine, key in locked cars, turned once, drivers door unlocked on both but rear doors still locked, couldn't try passenger door for obvious reasons. Within a couple of seconds I turned the key again but rear doors still remain locked, i can hear the locking mechanism moving on both the cars rear doors, but they don't unlock

Back