VAG-COM Too Many Communication Errors

humps

A2OC Donor
I always thought this is a problem with my cheapo ebay VAG-COM 409 compatible cable. But today I am still investigating my climate control issue (a/c not turning on) it then came to my thoughts. My VAG-COM can talk to engine, abs, centrl conv ...etc all the modules except the HVAC! VAG-COM would try but it doesn't matter how far it gets, eventually it comes back to Too Many Communication Errors.

I'm thinking my climatronic unit is broken, which causes the VAG-COM error as well as my a/c compressor not turning on. But could it simply be my cheapo cable?

can you not borrow one to test? did you check that all the connectors are tight? TBH if only the climate control panel doesn't talk to VagCom then it really does point in the direction that this is broken.

replacement should be a matter of €90 or so, depending on the precise version.

Bret

thanks Bretti_ivi, I always thought it is the central conv that will talk to the HVAC because Central Conv would pick up the same sensor fault codes. It never occured to me that it could be a duff module.

Anyone near NW London with a VAG-COM for a second check?

thanks Bretti_ivi, I always thought it is the central conv that will talk to the HVAC because Central Conv would pick up the same sensor fault codes. It never occured to me that it could be a duff module.

Anyone near NW London with a VAG-COM for a second check?

Hi Matey I can come as far as to A406/M11 junction if it helps you matey, I have Vag Com 704.1

SARGE

This is a couple of weeks old, as there were still major problems with my fuel relay at this point. that might be "solved", maybe not (long story)...

Chassis Type: 8Z - Audi A2
Scan: 01,02,03,08,09,15,16,17,36,37,45,46,55,56

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 036 906 034 EG
Component: MARELLI 4MV G 4030
Coding: 00051
Shop #: WSC 42994
WAUZZZ8Z22N020*** AUZ7Z0A2002***
2 Faults Found:
17972 - Throttle Actuator (J338 ) : Under-Voltage during Basic Setting
P1564 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17949 - Fuel Pump Relay (J17): Open Circuit
P1541 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 03 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8Z0 907 379 C
Component: ESP FRONT MK60 0101
Coding: 0019463
Shop #: WSC 02154
2 Faults Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
004 - No Signal/Communication - Intermittent

Address 08 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8Z0 820 043 D
Component: A2-KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT 0510
No Faults Found
or DTCs not supported by controller
or a communication error ocurred

Skipping Address 15-Airbags

Address 17 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8Z0 920 930 P
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. VDO D06
Coding: 05142
Shop #: WSC 11400
WAUZZZ8Z22N0208*** AUZ7Z0A2002***
2 Faults Found:
01177 - Engine Control Unit
49-00 - No Communications
01304 - Radio
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent

Address 46 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 8Z0 959 433 M
Component: Komfortgerát T05 0615
Coding: 06720
Shop #: WSC 02138
8 Faults Found:
01331 - Door Control Module: Driver Side (J386)
49-00 - No Communications
01332 - Door Control Module: Passenger Side (J387)
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
01565 - Luggage Compartment Light (W3)
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
01561 - Left Rear Door
59-10 - Can't Unlock - Intermittent
01561 - Left Rear Door
61-10 - Won't De-Safe - Intermittent
01559 - Drivers Door
60-10 - Won't Safe - Intermittent
00912 - Window Regulator Switch: Front Left (E40)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01034 - Electric Window Thermal Protection Active: Driver
35-00 - -

End -------------------------------------------------------

HTH.

Bret

Question, if I get a replacement climatronic unit, do I have to use VAG-COM to code it in? Or is it a straight swap?

I can't see anything *to* code? If the index is the same, it really should be drop-in and I'm not personally aware of any major changes...

the point of my previous post was to say that you should be able at address 8 to access the "klimavollautomat", i.e. the climate box.

Bret

thanks Bret, I have used address 08 but everytime VAGCOM talks to the module, it gets slightly different level of failure. Sometimes it sees the 8Z0 820 043, sometimes fails with 8Z**$£*$£ (wrong ASCII characters). When it can see the controller, it will sometimes see A2-KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT but sometimes fail with A2***!\/\. When failing, VAG-COM says Too Many Communication Error. All other modules are fine. The central conv is now also reporting intermittent No Communication with the climate control. Which leads me to think fundamentally, the climate box is not in good health.

Anyway, Sarge has kindly offered to double check my car while I'm trying to get another climate box. Hopefully, I'll get to the bottom of this soon!

thanks Bret, I have used address 08 but everytime VAGCOM talks to the module, it gets slightly different level of failure. Sometimes it sees the 8Z0 820 043, sometimes fails with 8Z**$£*$£ (wrong ASCII characters). When it can see the controller, it will sometimes see A2-KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT but sometimes fail with A2***!\/\. When failing, VAG-COM says Too Many Communication Error. All other modules are fine. The central conv is now also reporting intermittent No Communication with the climate control. Which leads me to think fundamentally, the climate box is not in good health.

Anyway, Sarge has kindly offered to double check my car while I'm trying to get another climate box. Hopefully, I'll get to the bottom of this soon!

I have the exact same problem as you, when I try to connect to/read the unit, "sometimes it sees the 8Z0 820 043, sometimes fails with 8Z**$£*$£ (wrong ASCII characters). When it can see the controller, it will sometimes see A2-KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT but sometimes fail with A2***!\/\. When failing, VAG-COM says Too Many Communication Error".

Have you solved your problem? I do not have a new unit to try, and purchasing a new one without being sure if it solves the problem are a bit risky I think :(

Hi janly

No I have not resolved the problem. But I suspect it is my cheap ebay cable. Another member used a proper full VAG-COM and successfully scanned my car and that particular module. Will I buy another cheap cable? not sure, may be time for a full VAG-COM. But I have other things to fix and spend the money...

Okey, thank you! I also have a cheap cable. I'l try to have some one who have the full VAG-COM package to scan my car.

I had a simillar problem with a cheap ebay 409.1 cable but now have a full ross-tech cable and there is no problem connecting to the climate control unit.

if you have too many communication errors while try to read the aircon it's because of wrong setting in the usb port . the latancy timer is set to 16 you have to change it to 1 and then it works fine.

greetings

Back