VW Polo Front Suspension Console

Hi folks
Is the front aluminium suspension console the same for a mk4 Polo (2002 on) the same as what fits an A2?
Thanks

It certainly looks similar - although with pressed arms straight away by the look of it on the Polo, but the part numbers seem specific to 8Z (A2) vs 6Q (Polo). Could be something as daft as the bushing or the arm length (track) being different - would need to see them side by side to establish differences / similarities.

Interestingly, the ATL/BHC and BAD subframe (diagrams 199020/030 below) have Polo part numbers, but the consoles going into it have A2 numbers.

A2
Track control arm
and https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/4/407-407011/
Consoles

Polo
Track control arm

Console

This is the 9N model which does have the console - the 6N model has a different design of suspension arm that looks more like that on an Audi TT (different rear bushing in the vertical plane).

Thanks Robin

It was consoles for a 9n Polo with these part numbers I was looking at - 6Q0199294D/6Q0199293D

Not too sure if I need them yet but they were going at easy money for a pair

I tried also looking at the track measurements in case that explained the different arms - 1462mm (A2) vs 1463mm (9N Polo).

I suspect the only way you'd know would be physically comparing them and even then it may come down to something daft like the bushings used - ie, isn't the metal part of the diesel and petrol A2 console the same, but with different rubber grade in the bushings for the heavier car?

Getting mixed up - it is the track control arm where that is the case. Don't know about the consoles.

Last edited:
I recently bought a set of these for my A2 but despite the part number on the casting being exactly the same as the part I took off my A2 TDI the bushing was the type with holes through it rather than the solid one that the A2 has. I measured up the hole that the bushing presses into with the aim to replace it however it is also larger than the diameter of the A2 bushings.

I decided against these console brackets and instead ordered ones from an A2 breaker and then replaced the bushings with new ones

despite the part number on the casting being exactly the same as the part I took off my A2 TDI ... I measured up the hole that the bushing presses into ... it is also larger than the diameter of the A2 bushings.
Are you 100% sure?

Are you 100% sure?
100% certain, both castings had the same part number on them (6Q0 199 294 D) however the new part had a different bushing pre installed (the new part had a plastic and rubber bushing with holes in it rather than the solid rubber and metal bushing that is installed in the A2. I can't remember the measurements that I took for the bushing diameter but I know the hole in the new cast part was a round 2mm larger than the replacement bushing I had which was the right size for the mount I took out of my car. Maybe there's some shenanigans with parts being remanufactured to fit the newer bushing design used on the later model polos and this is the cause - either way the new part I received got sent back and I pulled a part from an A2 breaker instead.

awwwww shucks

kind off odd, because polo owners supposedly put in cupra bushings, which again are supposedly the same as the A2's. if what you say is true though, maybe they're slightly different in size. did the other dimensions seem the same?
i wonder if you could take one of those arms, and put a cupra bush in it, and use it in the A2.
it's all kind of weird, since you say the casting had the same part number.
By the way, I think they're up to J now.

Last edited:
I have successfully used VW Fox consoles.

Actually, at home I have an A2 (of course), an A2 with the Fox consoles and a VW Polo with presumably VW Polo consoles. I will see what comparison can be made and feedback. Might be a week or two though.

Yes, I think you are right that they are up to J on that part now, I did phone my Audi garage at the time too to as about ordering the part from them and they would only sell me a pair as it was a requirement to replace both sides do to the revision (presumably due to the bushing).

Back