waterless car cleaning

I would only trust waterless car cleaning between normal cleaning as a 'top up' to keep the car clean. I deffo would not do it in the winter as too much muck on the car and must add scratch damage! For a quicker wash, try 'Wax it wet' buy turtlewax. A quick way to keep your motor in good condition inbetween the full wash n wax!

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onedrywash-Car-Cleaning-Kit-Waterless/dp/B000ZOX6O8

anyone have any experience of this?

be nice to save water when cleaning the car, however i have a feeling that you will only ever get a passable job, which isnt what i'd want it for as when i clean the car its usually a 4 hour slog of washing and polishing to get it just right

A nice theory, but unless your car is relatively clean in the first place a product like this can only cause surface scratches in my book. On a positive note - if you prep the car and wax properly a couple of times a year then intermediate washes are effortless as nothing really sticks to the surface.

Last edited:
Round our way, there is this company who have 'car washers' walking around the local Sainsbury's car park, I have never let them loose on my cars but many people do. I cannot see how they can possibly wash the car properly using a dirty rag and approx half a bucket of water.... that's all they use! their charges are the same as the local car washes, and this method must be causing damage to a lot of peoples paint work. Not to mention the cars don't actually look properly clean. I think their target market is the local mum's on the shopping run, who usually are unaware of the damage this can cause.
Anyone used these people?

Cheers
Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
I only ever trust myself to wash my car. She did go through a carwash, once, during a very wet and cold winter.

I agree though, if you spend the time to wash and wax your car, inbetween washes are easy. I polished my car about a month ago, and only been about 40 miles, as unwell, but she has got quite dusty etc as there are building works next door. She also went on a 'puddle hunt' just after a thunderstorm, and there were plenty of mini lakes I drove through! Each time it rains, it washes off the dirt and she looks clean again, only the alloy wheels look a bit dirty as they get splash back from the ground. I may well take a pic later on!

Also, i would be supprised if dry washing allows the water to bead of the car as quickly too.

Back