West London Audi?

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Anyone here had any direct experience of the service centre at West London Audi?

Well I've booked a fixed-price service and MOT with them anyway, so we'll see what they're like!
Get a courtesy car and "live online service updates from the Audi engineer working on your car" for my money, so can't be all that bad eh!

Did you ask them if they were doing any of this stuff, along with that Danb?

Replace Sump Plug Screw
Oil Flush
Service Plus/Immissions Test
Screen Wash

:cool:

I booked the full major service and in addition a brake fluid change, an OSS lube, a new handbrake cable. Plus the MOT. If it doesn't get a wash I'll be miffed!

A wash is standard with Audi dealer service, the interior carpets should also be vacuum cleaned. The sump plug change will be standard, it only really needs the washer. They do fill up with the VAG screen wash, which smells nice and washes as good as anything I've used (you can also buy the OE blue washer liquid by Quantum, on ebay).

Well I dropped my beloved little A2 off into West London Audi this morning for a full service and a fair few other bits of work.
Was pleased to see another A2 on the forecourt - an 04 Sport in metallic blue, black leather, looked very nice.

They gave me a 2012 A4 TDi as a courtesy car. Found the whole driving environment very disorientating for about 30 seconds before I realised how to put the key in and start the engine, ha ha - schoolboy error! A very quiet and smooth car and the 6 speed box gave very relaxed driving on the M4, makes me wish for a 6th gear in the A2...

Let's see how my car fares in the service bay today! Fingers crossed...

Hope you've been saving your pennies and are expecting their recommendations for some 'additional' work that needs doing?

I did a good job of confirming exactly what work I wanted and negotiating the planned service costs up front but yes I'm sure they'll find somethings that will need additional attention!

Never mind.

ULP said:
Either I'm lucky...
Not Audi, but my first car was a Volvo. Every service (6000 mile interval) invariably turned out to be between £400-600 work needed (main franchise dealer). After a few years like that, I heard that trading standards raided the place for faking work, and Volvo revoked their franchise.

I was pretty upset... among other things, when I called out the AA for a breakdown, they didn't think the car had been serviced at all! (carb obviously hadn't been tightened up for a long time)

After that I found (and still find) it difficult to trust franchised dealers.

(PS when I took it back to Volvo, and said the AA guy said there was problems with the carb, they charged me ~600 for a new one... KERCHING)

Last edited:
I don't think there is much of a misconception regarding what dealers charge and the way the majority of them conduct their business.

I'd say rather than you being lucky they probably value your custom and know you only want what you want and won't accept or are too knowledgable to try it on with.

Obviously not all, but most from my experience will try and up sell you on other things as that is where they make their money rather than on actually selling a new car.

For example i was advised that i needed two new rear tyres, new rear pads and a new brake caliper on a car when both tyres had nearly 6mm of tread, the brake pads had 60% of their thickness remaining and the brake caliper simply required cleaning and greasing. Their, however many hundreds of pounds quote cost me 15 minutes of my time. That to me is disgraceful and totally unacceptable but unfortunately not too uncommon.

Maybe i've just been unlucky and £129 is an acceptable price to pay for an 'oil change'.

It's like Fords latest winter offer for £19.95 which is purely to get you through the door so they can generate more business.

I don't think there is much of a misconception regarding what dealers charge and the way the majority of them conduct their business.

I'd say rather than you being lucky they probably value your custom and know you only want what you want and won't accept or are too knowledgable to try it on with.

I've written on here about my experiences with my local dealer (Tyneside) before and I've got nothing but good things to say. There's good and bad dealers at the end of the day - Tyneside Audi did upwards of £300 of work on my car for free (out of warranty), whereas the local Volvo dealer charges £400 for a service and £35 to change a headlight!

Not Audi, but my first car was a Volvo. Every service (6000 mile interval) invariably turned out to be between £400-600 work needed (main franchise dealer). After a few years like that, I heard that trading standards raided the place for faking work, and Volvo revoked their franchise.

I was pretty upset... among other things, when I called out the AA for a breakdown, they didn't think the car had been serviced at all! (carb obviously hadn't been tightened up for a long time)

After that I found (and still find) it difficult to trust franchised dealers.

(PS when I took it back to Volvo, and said the AA guy said there was problems with the carb, they charged me ~600 for a new one... KERCHING)

I had a similar problem with a company VW Passat a few years ago in that I took it to the nearest franchise to work for a main service and a month later my oil light cam on - I had virtually no oil! I topped it up and the car went 12K miles to the next service witout need for another drop. The same thing happened again after my 3rd service and I decided to complain to both the lease company and the dealer. Niether were interested.

This, I think is one of the problems - lease companies provide a stream of easy money to the dealers and many of them, in turn, get lazy and forget what customer service is about. Interstingly, those makes that tend to be popular as privately owned cars as opposed to company cars often do better in customer service surveys.

Well they phoned me this evening with an update report. Happy with the work so far (turned down their offer to replace a loose offside indicator repeater - I can do that myself) and gave permission for them to spend more time investigating the engine oil leak I have. One thing they've flagged though is that one side of my OpenSky has seized (I had asked them to do a lubrication on the roof). They of course said that the repair was a complete roof replacement for £2300 so I mentioned the Audi Goodwill OSS warranty replacement and urged them to contact Worthing Audi if they didn't believe me! Let's see what happens...

... so I mentioned the Audi Goodwill OSS warranty replacement and urged them to contact Worthing Audi if they didn't believe me! Let's see what happens...

From the reports on the forum it sounds like it is only Worthing who is willing to do that work... so their response might be interesting.

Well they phoned me this evening with an update report. Happy with the work so far (turned down their offer to replace a loose offside indicator repeater - I can do that myself) and gave permission for them to spend more time investigating the engine oil leak I have. One thing they've flagged though is that one side of my OpenSky has seized (I had asked them to do a lubrication on the roof). They of course said that the repair was a complete roof replacement for £2300 so I mentioned the Audi Goodwill OSS warranty replacement and urged them to contact Worthing Audi if they didn't believe me! Let's see what happens...

Sounds like you've got out pretty lightly Dan, about £3,500 lighter if it was left to them, lol. Only joking, i think?

Use some silicone spray on your OSS by the way, it works a treat.

Just had confirmation that West London Audi can't/ won't/ don't know how to access the OSS replacement scheme. I'd better plan for a trip to Audi Worthing sooner rather than later - my car's an on an 03 plate not sure exactly when the 10 year anniversary will expire...

Back