What’s this noise?

Luggsy

Hi I have a annoying noise coming from the driver’s side, after reading all the posts on here I thought it was the auxiliary belt tensioner or the alternator pulley well it’s not , just had cam belt kit fitted , new auxiliary belt tensioner and alternator pulley replaced , the noise is very random when I drove it back from Peterborough it did it a couple of times then for the next 200 miles not a peep out of it , the mechanic who did the work thinks it could be something to do with the injectors what do you think , I have been trying to upload video but it won’t let me

Hi I have a annoying noise coming from the driver’s side, after reading all the posts on here I thought it was the auxiliary belt tensioner or the alternator pulley well it’s not , just had cam belt kit fitted , new auxiliary belt tensioner and alternator pulley replaced , the noise is very random when I drove it back from Peterborough it did it a couple of times then for the next 200 miles not a peep out of it , the mechanic who did the work thinks it could be something to do with the injectors what do you think , I have been trying to upload video but it won’t let me
Post your vid on YouTube, and post a link here.
Mac.

I have never had a problem uploading videos & pictures before just can’t do it on here . I have never uploaded a video on YouTube before I just seem to be going in circles as I am ready to smash the phone up so I will have to leave it , I will get my daughter to do it for me tomorrow

If it's the tdi check the solid boost hose that runs along the under side as the plastic retainer may be undue allowing it to rattle against the side of the sump .

Or possbily a loose timing belt cover clip. One at the rear on tdi

Also reminded me of a sticky auxilliary belt tensioner as it sounded engine speed related?

It would be nice to know after nearly six months if this has been resolved. It after all how others can diagnose and repair items quickly.

Update it was still making the noise up till about 6 weeks ago , was talking to a mate and he suggested it might be a sticking injector so I bought some cetane plus multifunctional diesel fuel additive and up to now it seems to have stopped ( finger’s crossed ) touch wood , I have covered 1500 miles motor way and B roads , the more I drive it the more I love it , can’t believe how quick it is and how torquey it is

Back