What does this do ?

WayneoA2

What's this ? And do we not have a glove box light ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210215-153059_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210215-153059_Gallery.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 283
I seem to remember that I thought I was for coins. Can’t recall now.

There should be a light in there. The switch armature breaks quite commonly in the off position though so it doesn’t come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember that I thought I was for coins. Can’t recall now.

There should be a light in there. The switch armature breaks quite commonly in the off position though so it doesn’t come on.

It actually breaks in the on position but then the bulb burns out as it’s on all the time lights are on

Paul

That’s a coin holder that nobody uses.
There is a glovebox light, but the actuator arm is made of cream cheese, so has broken on almost every A2 ever made. @depronman offers a repair piece for this.

Cheers,

Tom
There's a special place in hell for whoever in Audi designed glovebox arms and their punishment will be to repeatedly try to close a glovebox for all eternity, thinking they've managed it for it only to fall open again the second the think they have.

Time to investigate me thinks and the rattle behind the dash at about 1500rpm that's driving me CRAZY !

Wayne, I wonder whether the rattle behind the dash is the catches at the top rear end of the bonnet. Have you tried running the car with the bonnet off?
i did in fact actually do that today mate and i think it got better but its something i will have to investigate more but im convinced its more behind the dash related
but saying that i am open to all views of this

This coin holder was designed before the "new" £1 coin so these do not fit sadly as they are much thicker. Or maybe it was designed for Deutsche Mark before even the Euro

Time to investigate me thinks and the rattle behind the dash at about 1500rpm that's driving me CRAZY !
1500rpm is right on the bottom end of the torque curve even for a remapped '75, unless you're in 3rd gear or below. In 4th or 5th I wouldn't be surprised if it's rattling under any more load than just trickling along. The bonnet is the first place I'd look though. Unclip the plastic holders for the top corner mounts and insert a piece of plastic card in there so they are tight when they clip back in ?

As @Proghound says, 1500rpm is too low for these engines due to the lack of a fourth firing pulse per cycle compared with normal / 4 cylinder diesels and you should drop a gear - it still shouldn’t rattle behind the dash but it sounds like it could be a useful audible warning for you!

1500rpm is right on the bottom end of the torque curve even for a remapped '75, unless you're in 3rd gear or below. In 4th or 5th I wouldn't be surprised if it's rattling under any more load than just trickling along. The bonnet is the first place I'd look though. Unclip the plastic holders for the top corner mounts and insert a piece of plastic card in there so they are tight when they clip back in ?
2nd gear , 3rd , 4th . . It's not mechanical rattle defo dash related . More of a buzz until the revs pick up

Far more likely to be something like a exhaust heat shield loose than something under the dash
The build quality on the A2 means that something vibrating under the dash is unlikely. Everything was wrapped in loom tape or soft foam rubber

Far more likely to be something like a exhaust heat shield loose than something under the dash
The build quality on the A2 means that something vibrating under the dash is unlikely. Everything was wrapped in loom tape or soft foam rubber

Will have to get it looked at . Apart from that noise the car is silent especially for a 3 cylinder derv

Back