What wheels size can I have?

Jimmy88ffc

Hi all,
Im sure this has been spoke about lots on here but im new here so please go easy on me.

I have recently bought an Audi A2 and im looking to upgrade the wheels as the ones on the car currently are 15" chrome wheels which as per usual have corrosion/spider web patterns throughout all of them. It really looks nasty.

I was just looking to replace them with any VAG style 5x100 but having recently been speaking to someone about this they informed me that its not that simple and that I need to look to see what the offset is???

Does anyone know how important this is and what is it i need to know.

I am looking to go to 16" or 17"

Thanks

Hi all,
Im sure this has been spoke about lots on here but im new here so please go easy on me.

I have recently bought an Audi A2 and im looking to upgrade the wheels as the ones on the car currently are 15" chrome wheels which as per usual have corrosion/spider web patterns throughout all of them. It really looks nasty.

I was just looking to replace them with any VAG style 5x100 but having recently been speaking to someone about this they informed me that its not that simple and that I need to look to see what the offset is???

Does anyone know how important this is and what is it i need to know.

I am looking to go to 16" or 17"

Thanks
The most common options are the standard 16 inch SE or the 17 inch Sport wheels; although lots of people have fitted A1 wheels or 18 inch wheels. If you use the search facility at the top of the page you'll find several threads to give you inspiration. Or, if you pay the £2 access fee, there's bound to be somebody selling a suitable set

Welcome,

You could do no better than reading the opening post in the long definitive wheel thread, (I never realised Brett had updated it to make it more useful!).

Andy

Welcome,

You could do no better than reading the opening post in the long definitive wheel thread, (I never realised Brett had updated it to make it more useful!).

Or the entire thing if you’ve a few spare weeks ?
Andy

The most common options are the standard 16 inch SE or the 17 inch Sport wheels; although lots of people have fitted A1 wheels or 18 inch wheels. If you use the search facility at the top of the page you'll find several threads to give you inspiration. Or, if you pay the £2 access fee, there's bound to be somebody selling a suitable set
Thanks for the response, What do you type in ? And where is the bit to pay £2.00 and what does this give you access to? Cheers

Thanks for the response, What do you type in ? And where is the bit to pay £2.00 and what does this give you access to? Cheers
The Search function on this forum isn't brilliant but if you type in 'definitive wheel thread' and select 'titles only' it'll find two threads which should give you some ideas. Words of 3 characters or less are ignored - it can be quicker to search using Google and just add 'A2OC' in your search terms. Regarding the Market, you should have received a Welcome email with the details of how to upgrade your account to get Market access. Basically click on your username in the black menu bar, select Account Upgrades, it's the only one, £2 via PayPal and you should get the Market option appear on the bar too.

Welcome aboard by the way :)

Speaking from experience, I'd stay with the 15" wheels. There is a HUGE improvement in comfort when you reduce the wheel size. That's because with 15" wheels you have far more rubber to soak up road imperfections. Oh, I just happen to have a set of 15" multi-spoke wheels/tyres that are in near perfect condition. They look superb and if you're interested send me a p.m.

David

Back