Where is this bit supposed to go?!

mowog

Hello!

This is flapping around under the bonnet of my new A2. The part number says it's an air filter for the EGR, but I have a suspicion that it isn't supposed to roam free next to the engine!

Does anyone know where it should be attached? :D

EGR-filter.jpg

Hi mowog, It plugs into the EGR valve on the right looking from the front.
John
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I'm still confused. I can see that the tube coming out of the back of the thing I'm holding in the photo is attached to the EGR valve, but I'm still not sure where the end I'm holding goes. Sorry if I'm being dim! :)

No Problem here's a pic form Google to give you an idea the filter and hose fits. It's the silver 90 degree elbow near the triangular connection to the cylinder head. and that's a filter for pressure equalisation I believe. and just hangs down.
John
1621451226647.png

Oh, OK, it literally just dangles down? How curious. I was convinced it was supposed to plug into something or clip somewhere, but that explains why there doesn't seem to be anything within reach of the tube that fits!

Thanks for explaining :)?

Yes indeed mowog that's all it does, there's lots of little quirks to learn about these addictive little cars. So far ahead of their time in design and technology.
As a hint the best way to search this forum is with google including A2oc in the search bar.
John.

Back