Where's the location of members map gone

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
I was wondering where's the location of members map has gone. I'm sure this has been asked within the last year, maybe my me!, but the forum section on the website seems to have gone as well, or do I need to visit the opticians ;)

Hi Alan. You did ask last year and I thought you got an answer. Its still there in the background as I can click on your 'my location' button and it takes you to the google map.

There were a few software elements amended or disabled for technical or security issues last but forgive me I'm not up on the tech. Can I suggest you PM Ben with your enquiry directly?

Forum section still there at the top toolbar - it may be a browser issue for you?

I'd never noticed the 'location of members' feature until Alan's post mentioned it. However, a quick skim through today's latest posts to check out its workings revealed that, whilst the 'My location' line is below Alan and Murdo's names, it appears below only a small minority of other members' names. Is there something that others need to do in order to activate it?

Jeff

I think you activate it in your profile. Let me have a look and I'll edit this post as/when I suss it out.

M

Edit - nope I cant see it, so I'll drop Ben a message ref this.

Last edited:
Thanks Murdo. I either had a senior moment or I was looking at another posting where the user had not activated the "My location" feature, hence nothing to click and anyway I was looking for a menu item to get the overall UK map rather than an individual.

But,having clicked on my own "my location" the map has no pins for anyone. I tried Chrome instead of Firefox and just the same. On IE8 the map goes blank when zooming in.

I've now found my last year's post (via my profile). It was in the Feedback Section, but was not visible when I looked yesterday as I didn't notice that the default is to show posts from the last 2 weeks ("Thread Display Options") and there is only 1 post + a sticky in that period.

Last year Ben said he would look into it. But since no one has brought this up since then, I think it must be a very low priority. And it may not be easily fixable.

Back