Which Liqui Moly no I need for the TDI injector cleaning

I've ordered 5 litre of the liqui moli flush, it was only slightly dearer than 3off 1 litre tins

I've got a few A2 TDI's to treat :)

Cheers,
Paul

I've ordered 5 litre of the liqui moli flush, it was only slightly dearer than 3off 1 litre tins

I've got a few A2 TDI's to treat :)

Cheers,
Paul
I feel a trip coming. ;) Keen to know how it goes, it's on the list of jobs. Remap going well, managing to stay off the boost surprisingly well(I'm trying to get my fuel economy up) though it's really nice when the extra boost hits. Did I say thank you? :D

I also feel a trip coming on. Something is drawing me towards St Anne's on the Sea... (whisper) Votex... votex... votex... remap... remap... remap... piddling spaniel... piddling spaniel...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also feel a trip coming on. Something is drawing me towards St Anne's on the Sea... (whisper) Votex... votex... votex... remap... remap... remap... piddling spaniel... piddling spaniel...

Pinky
You are more than welcome and yes that is a good idea I will bench flash your remap when you are here
Can even do the liqui moly purge if you like
And Archie is some what less excitable these days (ask Ian he was here yesterday and left with dry feet)
Cheers
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinky
You are more than welcome and yes that is a good idea I will bench flash your remap when you are here
Can even do the liqui moly purge if you like
And Archie is some what less excitable these days (ask Ian he was here yesterday and left with dry feet)
Cheers
Paul

Cheers Paul,

I’ll wear wellies anyway

Any evidence to suggest this is any better than regular use of redex for example?
more of a periodic cleaning treatment than a regular addition to the fuel
Will let you know when the weather warms up a bit as I want to change the fuel filter at the same time and then means crawling under the car
5Lt of liqui moly purge arrived today :):):)

I just bought a little tin of the Liqui Moly cleaner

Apparently a good alternative to pulling your fuel pipes off for a direct clean is to fill your fuel filter with the stuff so it's pulled through neat for the first little while.

Worth a go.

Ps Archie did anoint me but I wore wipe clean trainers

I just bought a little tin of the Liqui Moly cleaner

Apparently a good alternative to pulling your fuel pipes off for a direct clean is to fill your fuel filter with the stuff so it's pulled through neat for the first little while.

Worth a go.

Ps Archie did anoint me but I wore wipe clean trainers

yep sounds like a good idea, but only doable on the earlier aluminium fuel filter, you should get about 1/3 litre in the filter, maybe a little less

I found it made a lot of difference, quieter engine and around 30 miles per tank better on fuel

i'd like to run some neat injector cleaner through both my tdi's but i'm unsure which hoses to disconnect, is there an idiots guide anyone could point me in the direction of please?

About £13 a litre. You need a litre per car

I buy it in 5 litres for around £37 delivered
Paul

About £13 a litre. You need a litre per car

I buy it in 5 litres for around £37 delivered
Paul

thanks Paul, i've bought the diesel purge, i'm just unsure of which pipes to unclip from the car and put into the container. I've seen a youtube video showing two fuel pipes into a container of neat diesel purge. I guess i need to put the input pipe from the tandem pump into the container to suck up the diesel purge, which other pipe? cheers

There are two stainless steel pipes that run across the front of the engine to the tandem pump. On in input to tandem pump from tank other is return to tank

It’s these two pipes that you use to suck the diesel purge from your mini tank and return from the tandem pump back to the mini tank

Get the engine hot before you run the purge through ideally have minimal fuel in the main tank
Take 1 litre of purge and run this through the engine neat until there is about ½ litre left
Then but the ½ litre into the main tank and connect the tank pipes
Start the engine and rev it hard It will start on the purge in the tandem pump but will air lock unless you keep the revs high as it will need to pull fuel from the tank to the tandem pump

Once it running on fuel from the tank go and drive about 20 miles at mixed engine revs. This will flush the purge and fuel mix around the tank, pipes, fuel cooler etc. Change the fuel filter then go and fill up with a good quality diesel eg shell

I do this every couple of years to keep the injectors clean. Car is smoother and noticeable more responsive the first time
The difference is less at the plus two years time but still there

Cheers. Paul

So just in case anyone else isn't sure how to get neat cleaner through the system, this is how I did it...there are no doubt better ways...but this worked fine. Quite alot of debris was cleared on the post clean drive.
IMAG0058.jpg
IMAG0059.jpg

Interesting - did you clamp the fuel supply hose to minimise air intrusion?

How Long do you run the engine like this for the best effect?

I now own my first two diesel cars so this is a bit of a mystery to me - would Audrey benefit from it at 135k miles? @Special edition / @YorkshireHill did you ever do a diesel purge like this? I do wonder if the reason the car isn’t doing slight better mpg figures is because of dirty or worn injectors...

Back